Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Rev 6 THE BEGINNING OF THE TRIBULATION
- Chart Below Blue arrow: You Are Here
- Revelation 1:19 Write the things which you have seen (past), and the things which are (present), and the things which will take place after this (future).
Revelation chapter 6 begins with seven years of tribulation and ends the tribulation with Jesus’ return. Chapter 6 opens the “Seals”, all but one, the seventh seal which is reserved for a later chapter.
- Chart Below: Red Arrow: You are Here
- Notice the three patterns of six and one between the seals, the trumpets, and the bowls, where the seventh is separated and holy.
- The seventh unites all three.
THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE SEALS, TRUMPETS AND BOWLS
- The Seals are the first point of view of the entire tribulation given by the first point of view.
- The Trumpets are the second vantage point of the entire tribulation given by another point of view.
- The Bowls are the third vantage point of the entire tribulation given by the last point of view.
- The Seals, Trumpets and Bowls all end in the same event: Thunder, Lightning, Earthquake, Noises” which flags the Return of Christ and the fulfillment of all sevens (777), and the completion of God’s wrath.
- In other words, the earthquake, thunder, lightning, hail and “noises” are all the same event occurring in the 7th year just prior to Jesus’ return to earth with His angels and saints.
- One speculation is that the three vantage points are the Trinity: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are One (united) in character, understanding, and purpose.
The seven year tribulation is Daniel’s 70th week; a time when God once again focuses on the Jewish people to bring each and every remnant Jew to the knowledge of Jesus Yeshua as their Messiah. The book of Revelation is the seven year tribulation. At the end, in their deep affliction, they will weep for Him whom they (their ancestors) pierced.
[Daniel’s first 69 weeks (years) lasted from 446 BC when Nehemiah stood before the king with Queen Esther at his side and the command went out to restore Jerusalem until the time when Jesus, the prince, was cut off (crucified) in 31 AD.]
See Topic: Years, Days, and Times in Daniel
- The seven “seals” begin at the beginning of the tribulation with the introduction of the Antichrist and ends with an earthquake, thunder, lightning, and “noises”.
The seven “trumpets” begins at the beginning of the tribulation and ends with an earthquake, thunder, lightning, and “noises”.
The seven “bowls” begins at the beginning of the tribulation and ends with an earthquake, thunder, lightning, hail, and “noises”.
Below: Showing the Events in Tandem
What should I learn from this chapter?
- The overview of the seven year tribulation from the vantage point of the seals:
- Description of the Antichrist
- The Natural Disasters
- Day of Wrath
- The March to Armageddon
- Thunder, Lightning, Earthquake signals Jesus’ return
First Seal: The Conqueror …The White Horse
Revelation 6:1 Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the (seven) seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.”
The four living creatures appear as a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle.
- These animals are likened to the 4 gospels and the roles of Jesus. They exist to praise God forever before His throne, and they hold “golden bowls”.
- Revelation 15:7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever.
Revelation 6:2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.
- ► This power hungry conqueror is the coming Antichrist who mimics the real Messiah by entering the world’s stage as a Jewish “messiah’ making a peace treaty with the Jews. The real Messiah will return to earth on a white horse.
- There is also such a thing as a “false white horse” that appears to be white. A true white horse is rare.
- ► The White Horse is the first seal.
- ► The timing: He makes a peace treaty at the beginning of the seven years of tribulation.
- ► The conqueror: He has a bow. The bow is symbolic of a covenant (Gen 9:12-15). Again he mimics God. The bow of covenant is the seven year peace treaty he makes with the Jews. But unlike the real Messiah, he is a liar and he breaks his covenant.
- Daniel 9:27a Then he shall confirm a covenant (peace treaty) with many for one week (seven years).
- Daniel 11:21 He (the Antichrist) shall come in peaceably, and seize the kingdom by intrigue.
- Psalm 55:20-21 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has broken his covenant. The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.
! Important !
- In order to make a peace treaty, it would have to be in a background of war, possibly the war of Gog and Magog: The Jews will burn their armaments for seven years. They are all mid-eastern entities of conflict. If so, this conqueror would be part of the army of that war and in the position to make a peace treaty.
- The name Gog and Agag are interchangeable.
The Greek Septuagint (translated from Hebrew to Greek by the Jews) reads “Gog” instead of “Agag” in Numbers 24:7.
Click here to See notes in Numbers 24:7. (A pop up appears with a link at the top. Click on the link and the document will appear.)
He will allow the Jews to build their third temple in exchange for the Jews reducing their boundaries. They will no longer have walls that protect them.
- See notes in Psalm chapter 83. See notes in Numbers chapter 24.
(A pop up appears with a link at the top. Click on the link and the document will appear.)
- This “conqueror” is the last of the seven heads on the Beast (Satan) that comes out of the sea (of people) in Revelation 13. The seven heads are gentile kingdoms who have ruled over the Jews in the past, present and future from John’s point of view. John wrote this during Roman rule.
- Rev 17:9 The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings (the crowns). Five have fallen THE PAST (Babylon, Medes & Persians, Greece, The King of the North, and the King of the South), one is THE PRESENT (Rome), and the other has not yet come THE FUTURE (The kingdom of the Antichrist).
- Note: The Roman Empire continued through the ages as Holy Roman Emperors. Currently, the Pope is the titular head of the Holy Roman Empire empire.
Second Seal: Conflict on Earth
Revelation 6:3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.”
Revelation 6:4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.
- ►The second horse (red) is also the second seal: war.
- ►The timing: Probably at the beginning with the war of Gog and Magog when their weapons are burned for the entire seven years, and since there is peace for the first 3-1/2 years. However, in the middle of the tribulation, he will betray the Jews.
- He sets himself up to rule in Jerusalem which will be the center of the world’s economy. He also sets himself up to be declared as god in the holy of holies in the middle of the tribulation.
- ►Ezekiel 38:21 I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord God. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother.
- ►Ezekiel 39:9 The battle of Gog and Magog. “Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years.
- The tribes in the war of Psalm 83 might be the same as the war of Gog and Magog. Both have ten tribes. The counting for burning the weapons begins at the signing of the peace treaty.
Third Seal: Scarcity on Earth
Revelation 6:5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales (balances) in his hand.
Revelation 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart (Gr. choinix, about 1 quart) of wheat for a denarius (About 1 day’s wage for a worker), and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”
- The logical outcome of a war is famine.
The third (black) horse is the third seal: Famine
►Revelation 18:8 Therefore her (Jerusalem’s) plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire (military), for strong is the Lord God who judges her (the city, Jerusalem). Jerusalem is called Babylon. (Middle of the tribulation
The city Jerusalem is the Harlot of Rev 17:5 and is called Babylon for her globalism (one world language, currency, and government), idolatry (one world religion), (She is also called Egypt for her worldliness and Sodom for her debauchery.)
►The timing: The battle of Gog and Magog involves one fourth of the world’s population. All of the Mideast: Turkey, Iran, Iraq and the southernmost regions of Russia, all of which are Muslim nations.
►The results of the war in the Mideast will cause famine throughout the world because farmland has been destroyed.
Fourth Seal: Widespread Death on Earth
Revelation 6:7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.”
Revelation 6:8 So I looked, and behold, a pale (green: chlorophyll) horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power (authority) was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword (conflict), with hunger (famine), with death, and by the beasts of the earth.
- The forth (pale green) horse is the forth seal.
- The Antichrist creates war, war creates a famine, and war and famine create death and hell. All four together cause one fourth of the population of the earth to be dead before the tribulation has ended.
Fifth Seal: The Cry of the Martyrs
Revelation 6:9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.
►All believers were taken in the rapture before the tribulation began. These martyrs are those who were converted by the two witnesses and the 144,000 young virgin Jewish men.
- The square root of 144,000 is 12,000.
►The timing of the martyrs: After the false prophet forces people to take a mark of the beast.
Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”
- The cry of the Martyrs occurs into the second half of the tribulation after the Jews are betrayed by the Antichrist, after He rules in Jerusalem, and after everyone is forced to take his mark. There is only a short time left.
- Revelation 20:4b Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
- Note: the Martyrs are beheaded, a Muslim form of execution. The Antichrist originates as part of the Muslim nations.
Revelation 6:11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.
- The fellow servants are non-Jewish converts and the brethren are the Jewish believers.
Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances
Revelation 6:12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood (whole moon).
The timing: The end of the seven years when Jesus is ready to return to the earth with his saints and angels.
- Jude 1:14-15 “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
- Revelation 8:12 [Fourth Trumpet: The Heavens Struck] Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.
- Reference Verses:
- Isaiah 13:10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light; The sun will be darkened in its going forth, And the moon will not cause its light to shine.
- Ezekiel 32:7 When I put out your light, I will cover the heavens, and make its stars dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, And the moon shall not give her light.
- Joel 2:10 The earth quakes before them, The heavens tremble; The sun and moon grow dark, And the stars diminish their brightness.
- Joel 3:15 The sun and moon will grow dark, And the stars will diminish their brightness.
- Matthew 24:29 [The Coming of the Son of Man] “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
- Mark 13:25 The stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. (Note: related to the nation of Israel being shaken.
- Luke 21:25 [The Coming of the Son of Man] “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea (of people) and the waves roaring;
- Prepare to meet your God, O Israel! Amos 4:12—The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. Acts 2:20— For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
Revelation 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.
- Reference Verses:
- Isaiah 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth will move out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts And in the day of His fierce anger.
- Isaiah 24:20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall totter like a hut; its transgression shall be heavy upon it, And it will fall, and not rise again.
Revelation 6:14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up (Or split apart), and every mountain and island was moved out of its place (earthquake).
- The timing is the return of Jesus to set up His earthly kingdom called the Millennium.
- Zechariah 14:4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north and half of it toward the south.
- Heaven opens up to release the army of Jesus and His saints and angels. He sets His foot on Mount Olives. There is a Great Earthquake The Antichrist is pursued and overtaken. The Antichrist is slain.
Revelation 6:15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains,
Revelation 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
They know their fate:
- Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites: “Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”
Revelation 6:17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand.
- Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape if we neglect(ed) so GREAT A SALVATION!
Note: The first six seals cover the tribulation from beginning to end. Then Jesus’ returns.
An intermission of sealing 144,000 young virgin Jewish men, 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes at the beginning of the tribulation.
Then, The seventh seal is opened in Revelation 8: It is the Return of Jesus.