The story of the Snake, ”Liophis epinephelus” and the Frog Phyllobates “Terribilis” and their astonishing relationship.
God uses that which men understand, such as biology, to illustrate spiritual realities. We understand God by the worlds which He made.
Metaphorically, Satan’s lies are poisonous, like a dart frog. Dart frogs are the most dangerous poisonous animals on earth; just touching them can cause death.
There is an in an astonishing relationship between a type of dart frog and a type of snake: In this case, evil men with unclean spirits are like poisonous dart frogs.
- Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
- The dragon, the beast, and false prophet have poisoned society with their demonic lies.
- Spiritually, poisons are lies that will kill the soul of anyone who ingests them, which is to take them into their thinking.
Psalm 140:3 They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; The poison of asps is under their lips. Selah
Acts 8:23 For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”
Acts 14:2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brethren.
Due to their poison, the Phyllobates (dart) frogs taste vile to predators. Their “Terribilis” poison kills whatever eats it, with the exception of the snake Liophis epinephelus.”http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_poison_frog
The snake, ”Liophis epinephelus” is resistant to the frog’s poison, but is not completely immune.
- Erythrolamprus epinephalus is a species of snake in the Colubridae family. It is endemic to South America. The snake, which was described by Edward Drinker Cope in 1862, is notable for its apparent immunity to the toxic skin of the Golden poison dart frog, which it preys upon.
- One can compare this snake to Satán who does not seem to be affected by the poison (lies) produced but uses it from the frogs for his production of poisonous darts to use against humanity, but he will eventually be destroyed by his own lies, therefore; he is not “entirely” immune.
Common name: Fire-bellied Snake
(The poisonous) Frogs eat their skin during shedding, thus “recycling” any skin alkaloids (poisons). The spiritual application is that evil men “eat” ie: believe their own lies.
The chemical makeup of toxins in frogs varies from irritants to hallucinogens, convulsions, nerve poisons, and vasoconstrictors – symbolic of the spiritual affect these poisonous lies have on societies, governments, and individuals.
Ironically, When in captivity, these same frogs are not toxic at all.
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,