To see the answers, mouse over white areas to see the answer
ONE: RIDDLE OF THE TOMB
What is full of water and yet empty?
Jesus’ tomb. He is the living water but the tomb is empty.
TWO: FIND THE BOOKS
Instructions: You will find the names of 23 books of the Bible hidden in the grey high-lighted text below. Click here for answers. The names of the books and the words to look for are listed after the text below:
Merely by a fluke, I made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. The facts were, it kept people looking so hard for hints and revelations.
One relaxed lady found so many she was asked if, before solving her puzzles, she brews a cup of “jo”.
“Nah, um, she smiled and stuttered, “I’m no, ah … pro.
Verb Sat maybe, but no puzzle solver.”
When asked what “Verb Sat” meant, she smiled “verbum sat sapienti: A word to the wise is sufficient.”
However; some seekers were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. Truthfully to numbers of readers, it wasn’t easy, but a real job.
We want this to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some easy ones but others may require judges to help them. I quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and I predict there will be loud lamentations when it is found.
Don’t give up if you first come up with a zero. Man’s first try is always the hardest. Rarest here, are those and others who solve all of them. (Geez! Rarely, does anyone find ALL of them.)
See how well you can compete! Relax! Below are the following names of books hidden in this story.
Ps: Almost everyone returns in an attempt to finish.
1. Luke 2. Mark 3. Kings 4. Acts 5. Revelations 6. Hebrews 7. Jonah 8. Nahum 9. Noah 10. Proverbs 11. James 12. Ruth 13. Numbers 14. Job 15. Judges 16. Titus 17. Lamentations 18. Peter 19. Romans 20. Ezra 21. Esther 22. Hosea 23. Psalm(s): “s” is not included
Just for fun, also look for these words found in scripture: “sin”, “tempt”, “truth”, “seek”, “men”, “follow”, “mile”, “hem”, “axe”, “wise”, “loft”, “rest”, “sea” and “see”
THREE: RIDDLE OF THE KING
Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it, five in the middle is seen; include both the first of all letters and the first of all figures, which stand in the middle between. Use Roman numerals, join all together, and then will be seen the name of a king; who fathered the messiah, who reigns for an M and in Roman numerals it’s one thousand the same.
FOUR: WHAT’S IN YOUR POCKET
What can you take with you when you die?
Answer: “Every item you gave away in love and every word of God you hid in your heart.” ~Barbara Grover
FIVE: RIDDLE OF ADAM
How did the shy, backwards Adam come boldly forward and introduce himself to Eve?
Answer: “Madam I’m Adam” spelled the same backwards and forwards.
SIX: UGLY OR HOT RIDDLE
What does this saying mean?
“I’d rather live ugly than die hot. I’d rather live hot than die ugly.”
Answer: I would rather be physically ugly and rejected than trust in my beauty. I would rather live hot in the Lord than die spiritually ugly.
SEVEN: WHAT AM I?
I had many locks that don’t need a key
I was far too many for you to count me
I was never to be shortened, for a vow had been said
I was a symbol of strength that flowed from the head
But in a moment of weakness, my secret was out
I lay all in pieces when she gave the shout
I’m in the Bible – what am I?
Answer: Samson’s hair
EIGHT: RIDDLE OF WHO
Wisdom will blow your mind! It causes you to think like who? Answer: GOD. !!!
NINE: KIDS AND ANIMALS
For Children: Animals in the Bible
- Jesus rode a _donkey___ ,
- His disciples ate ____fish___,
- John the Baptist wore clothes made of __camel’s___ hair, “
- Satan was a __serpent/snake___ in the Garden of Eden,
- Jesus called Herod a _____fox__ ,
- Satan goes about like a roaring __lion___,
- Evil spirits are like _____frogs__,
- If you wait on the Lord, you will not get tired and will fly with wings like an __eagle_ ,
- In Jerusalem they blow the horn of a ____ram_____,
- A _dog__returns and eats his own vomit like a fool who returns to repeat his same stupid actions,
- Jesus said not to give pearls or precious things to the feet of ____swine/pigs____,
- John the Baptist ate __locusts____ in the desert,
- God owns the __cattle___ on a thousand hills,
- Jesus was called the ___Lamb___ of God who takes away the sins of the world,
- Jesus will return on a white ___horse___,
- Jacob and his family tended __sheep__ in Egypt,
- Jeremiah asks if a ___leopard_____ can change its spots,
- Moses came down from Mount Sinai seeing the Hebrews worship a golden calf____,
- God provided a _____ram_____ in the bulrushes for Abraham,
- “You shall not muzzle an ____ox___ while it treads out the grain,”
- Rebekah wrapped Jacob’s hands with the hair of a _goat___ to fool Isaac,
- Jesus wanted to gather the Jews, as a __hen gathers her chicks under her wings.
Who invented floodlights? Answer: I think you Noah.
ELEVEN: WORD SEARCH
PUZZLE WORD SEARCH
Which Two People Had a Father, but the Father Never Did? Mouse over white space below for answer:
Answer: 1) Adam was the son of God Luke 3:38 and 2) Jesus IS THE Son of God
Who was both the father and the son of the same man? Mouse over white space below for the answer:
Jesus was both the father of David as his Creator and the son of David as the Son of Man.