Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
A SEVEN STAR CHAPTER
Jesus Warns and Comforts His Disciples
John 16:1 “These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble.
John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.
- NOTE: One like Paul, named Saul of Tarsus.
- Paul freely admitted his role in the stoning of Stephen before his conversion:
- Acts 22:4 I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women, 5 as also the high priest bears me witness, and all the council of the elders, from whom I also received letters to the brethren, and went to Damascus to bring in chains even those who were there to Jerusalem to be punished.
- Acts 22:20 And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’
John 16:3 And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.
John 16:4 But these things I have told you, that when (their) the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them.
“And these things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.
The Work of the Holy Spirit
John 16:5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’
John 16:6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
John 16:8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
- The Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Godhead, has the identical spiritual DNA of the Father and the Son. This Godhead is ONE.
See BIBLE: I John Chapter 5
John 16:9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
John 16:10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
John 16:11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
- The ruler of this world is the god of this world: Satan.
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
John 16:12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
John 16:14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
John 16:15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
Sorrow Will Turn to Joy
John 16:16 “A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”
John 16:17 Then some of His disciples said among themselves, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?”
John 16:18 They said therefore, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know (understand) what He is saying.”
John 16:19 Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, “Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’?
John 16:20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
John 16:21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
- From the tribulation, called the time of sorrows as a woman in labor, to the millennium when Jesus “delivers” the Jews.
John 16:22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
John 16:23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
John 16:24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
Jesus Christ Has Overcome the World
John 16:25 “These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.
John 16:26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
- Greek meaning of the word “Name”: onoma: Strong’s G3686
A name is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one’s rank, authority, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.
- A presumed derivative of the base of “Name” is G1097 ginōskō
To learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
a. to become known
to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
b. to understand
c. to know
- Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman
- to become acquainted with, to know
- To NOT know Jesus’ “name” is to be refused.
- Matthew 7:23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
John 16:27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
John 16:28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”
- Jesus existed before the worlds were created, He is from pre-existence. He is both God and from God. This concept is beyond man’s understanding.
- However; Paul declares man can see Him through the things that are made, His universe.
- Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
►Biology: We understand the concept of cell division in an embryo, beginning with only one cell. We know that God is ONE from Deuteronomy 6:4.
Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!
- When cell division takes place in an embryo, the DNA in each cell is identical. However; each cell plays a different role. One cell becomes part of an ear while another may be part of a fingernail. How do they know which role to play?
- Cells become specialized to perform different functions through the process of differentiation. In order to do this, each cell keeps in constant communication with its neighbors. As it receives nutrients from and expels wastes into its surroundings, it adheres to and cooperates with other cells. Cooperative assemblies of similar cells form tissues, and a co-operation between tissues in turn forms organs, which carry out the functions necessary to sustain the life of an organism.
- Jesus is both the Son of God and God means He is part of the Trinity, the Godhead. One can speculate that in the beginning God had an spiritual embryonic division where there is shared identical spiritual DNA but have different roles.
►Physics: Through scripture we know “God is Light.” But what does that mean?
- We know light 1) reveals objects by carrying information to our eyes, 2) measures distance and time, 3) energizes providing heat and life, and 4) Light is energy.
- Light is the most enigmatic, mysterious element in man’s universe: Examples include:
- Light ALWAYS travels at a set speed 186,000 mph. EVEN if you are traveling alongside it – going 186,000 mph…it would still travel past you at 186,000 mph. How can that be?
- Light is a particle AND a wave, mass and energy, albeit the mass is “mass-less”.
- At the quantum scale, things can appear as particles or waves — and exist in more than one place at once -Or it may tunnel through walls.
- Contemplate: John 20:19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
- Contemplate: John 20:26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
- If you measure a photon’s location, you might find it in one place — and you might find it somewhere else. You can never know for certain where it is.
- Superposition (in quantum physics) The ability of some minute subatomic-scale particle to be more than one place at the same time. It has to do with particles in the quantum world having the weird capacity to exist in all possible states (or positions) at once.
- Thanks to quantum theory, scientists have shown how pairs of particles can be linked — even if they’re on different sides of the room or opposite sides of the universe. Particles connected in this way are said to be entangled. So far, scientists have been able to entangle photons that were 1,200 kilometers (750 miles) apart. Now they want to stretch the proven entanglement limit even farther.
- Contemplate:Hebrews 8:5 Who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”
- Contemplate: Ephesians 2:6 And raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
- In June, scientists in China reported a new record for entanglement. They used a satellite to entangle six million pairs of photons. The satellite beamed the photons to the ground, sending one of each pair to one of two labs. The labs sat 1,200 kilometers (750 miles) apart. And each pair of particles remained entangled, the researchers showed. When they measured one of a pair, the other one was affected immediately. They published those findings in Science.
- Is mass nothing more than converted energy? What we perceive as our physical material world, is really not physical or material at all, in fact, it is far from it. Matter is nothing but an illusion. Scientists began to recognize that everything in the Universe is made out of energy.
- Quantum physicists discovered that what we perceive as physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature. Therefore, if we really want to observe ourselves and find out what we are, we are really beings of energy and vibration, radiating our own unique energy signature.
- Contemplate: Ephesians 5:8-14 -Walk in Light – For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”
- A thought experiment considers a hypothesis, theory, or principle for the purpose of thinking through its consequences. One such experiment is Schrödinger’s cat. The prevailing theory, called the Copenhagen interpretation, says that a quantum system remains in superposition (see number five) until it interacts with, or is observed by the external world. When this happens, the superposition collapses into one or another of the possible definite states.
The thought experiment is explained simply like this: A cat inside a box is either dead or alive, it is both dead and alive until someone looks inside the box, at that point it is either dead or alive, but not both. Why should the way the quantum world behave depend on whether someone is watching?
The Bose-Einstein condensate — forms only near absolute zero. (That’s equivalent to –273.15° Celsius, or –459.67° Fahrenheit.) In this state, atoms lose their individuality. Suddenly, the group acts as one big mega-atom.
- Contemplate: 1 Corinthians 15:28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
- There are similarities between an atom and the solar system. Both have a nucleus. The nucleus of our Solar System is the sun. The electrons that circle the nucleus are like planets circling the sun.
- Just as the trinity has been illustrated as an egg with its shell, white, and yoke, the trinity can also be illustrated as an Atom:
- Disclaimer: This is NOT to say that God is an Atom. It is simply a spiritual illustration.
- If God is made of atoms, then God could not have created the universe. The atom is physical, God is spiritual.
- There is a number in the universe so large that it cannot be superseded by any other number and that number is the “Greater One”. It is the sum total of everything that has been, is, and will be. From the “Greater One” come all subsets, including the smallest number: the number of the “lesser one”. ~Barbara Grover
- Light and sound both travel as waves. Light can travel through a vacuum whereas sound must travel through a solid, liquid or gas.
- When we cannot hear God in the vacuum of our lives, we can still see Him.
- God, like cell division, is a trinity sharing identical spiritual DNA.
There will come a time when those cells will return to their parent state.
God created the universe from His own Light.
Do not assume that because man does not understand God – that there is no God.
Do not authenticate scripture with science. Rather, authenticate science with scripture. God created science.
John 16:29 His disciples said to Him, “See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech!
John 16:30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”
John 16:31 Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe?
John 16:32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own (things or place), and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
- “Know Jesus, know peace.
“No Jesus, no peace.”