A Seven Star Chapter
Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- There are only two books in the bible named after women: Esther and Ruth; Esther a Jew and Ruth a Gentile.
See Topic: Jacob’s Two Wives
- Ahasuerus is Artaxeres, the son of Xerxes. In the Septuagint, the Book of Esther refers to this king as ‘Artaxerxes’.
- Staring at the Dragons of the end times
- The spirit of Agag arises
- When you curse the Light, you get the darkness.
- The meaning of the name Haman is “tumult”, “noise”. Haman is a type and probably in the lineage of the coming Antichrist.
- The meaning of the tribulation is “affliction”
- In the Greek Septuagint the Story of Esther begins with an intriguing vision of Mordecai. It parallels the events of Haman with the events of the Antichrist at the end of days.
This is his vision before Esther chapter one begins:
* 1aIn the second year of the reign of the great King Artaxerxes, on the first day of Nisan, Mordecai, the son of Jair, son of Shimei, the son of Kish, of the tribe of Benjamin, had a dream.
1bHe (Kish) was a Jewish man living in the city of Susa, a great man who served in the court of the king. 1cHe was from the captives Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had deported from Jerusalem with Jechoniah the king of Judah.
1dAnd this was his dream:
* Behold, there was noise and tumult, thunder and earthquake—confusion on the earth.
[The seven year tribulation]
- Isaiah 29:6 You will be punished by the Lord of hosts with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with storm and tempest and the flame of devouring fire.
- Revelation 8:5 (prelude to the seven trumpets) Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.
- Revelation 11:19 (prelude to the seven bowls) Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.
- Revelation 16:18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.
- Noises, tumult, thunder and earthquake: The Culmination of the agenda of God to finish all things just prior to the millennium (Jesus’ reign on earth). It is the culmination of the 7th seal, the 7th trumpet, and the 7th bowl all coming together at the same time in a trinity of sevens.
1eTwo great dragons came forth, both ready for combat. [The Antichrist and the False Prophet]
- The Antichrist: Revelation 13:4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
- The False Prophet: Revelation 13:11 The Beast from the Earth – Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.
A great roar came forth from them, 1fand at the sound of them, every nation prepared to wage war against the nation of the just. [Israel]
1gAnd indeed, it was a day of gloom and of darkness,
- Fifth Bowl: Darkness and Pain – Revelation 16:10 Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain.
- See Isaiah chapter 21:1 and on, and Isaiah Chapter 1:21.
tribulation and anguish, oppression and great confusion upon the earth. 1hThe entire upright nation was troubled, fearing the evils against them; they were prepared to perish [The intent of the Antichrist is to eradicate the entirety of the Jews],
and they cried out to God.
- [Hosea 5:15 I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.”]
1iAnd at their cry there came forth, as it were from a small spring, a great river having abundant water.
- Revelation 22:1 The River of Life – And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Revelation 22:2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
- Ezekiel 47:4 Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist.
1jThere was light, and the sun rose,
- Revelation 21:23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
- Revelation 22:5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
and the lowly were exalted,
- Luke 1:52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones, And exalted the lowly.
and they devoured the esteemed.
- Revelation 20:9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
* 1kMordecai, who had seen this vision and what God was planning to do, awoke. 1lHe kept it in his heart and wished to ponder it until night.
– – – – –
If, as it seems, this is a prophetic revelation of the tribulation and millennium, then there is a connection between Haman and the coming Antichrist. Haman was a descendant of Agag, the progenitor of the Agagites whom God told Saul to kill every last one of them. Leave none alive, yet Saul preserved their king. The name Agag is the same as the name Gog mentioned in the Battle of Gog and Magog in Ezekiel 38.
Reference verses concerning Agag/Gog
- Exodus 17:14 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.”
- I Samuel 15:2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”
- 1 Samuel 15:9a But Saul and the people spared Agag
The execution of Agag, occurred too late, for if he had been killed ONE day sooner—that is, immediately upon his capture by Saul—the great peril which the Jews had to undergo at the hands of Haman would have been averted, for Agag thereby became a progenitor of Haman (Megillah 13a, Targ. Sheni to Esth. iv. 13).
Saul was the descendant of Benjamin, the descendant of Kish.
Mordecai was the descendant of Benjamin, the descendant of Kish.
As harsh as it seems, the command to blot out Amalek‘s memory, its justification was seen in the leniency shown by King Saul, the son of Kish, to Agag, the king of the Amalekites (I Samuel 15:9), which made it possible for Haman the Agagite to appear (Esther 3:1);
His cruel plot against the Jews could only be counteracted by another descendant of Kish, Mordecai (Pesiḳ. R. xiii.). Every year, therefore, the chapter, “Remember what Amalek did unto thee” (Deut. 25:17-19), is read in the synagogue on the Sabbath preceding Purim, and the story of Saul and Agag in chapter 15 of I Samuel is read as the Haftarah.
Furthermore; the Amalakites are descendants of Esau through his son Eliphaz Gen 36:11
A few other interesting facts:
- The Battle of Gog and Magog consists of ten tribes, as well as the war of Psalm 83. There are ten kings who give their power to the Antichrist.
- In Revelation Jerusalem becomes infested with locusts. In the Greek Septuagint the king of the locusts is Gog (a destroyer).
- In the Torah, the expression “higher than Agag (ie: Gog, Og), and his kingdom will be lifted up” was uttered by Balaam in Numbers 24:7, in his third prophetic utterance, to describe a king of Israel to come who will be higher than the king of Amalek. This is understood to mean that Israel’s king would take a higher position than even Amalek himself, and would exercise a wider authority (During the millennium) (Jesus the Messiah).
The writer uses an allusion to the literal significance of the word “Agag”, meaning “high”, to convey that the king of Israel would be “higher than High”. If Gog/Agag is the Antichrist it is a prophesy that Jesus will be higher than Gog/Agag.
► Concerning the lineage of the Antichrist, he may come from the Amalakites but he is also Syrian.
The coming Antichrist comes from one of the four horns on the goat in Daniel’s vision. These four horns represent Greece, Turkey, Syria and Egypt (the 4 kingdoms who split Alexander the Great’s kingdom).
These four are narrowed down to two possibilities in Daniel’s vision of the King of the North (Syria) and the King of the South (Egypt). History confirms these two kingdoms fight back and forth over the territory of Israel (Cole-Syria) from the time of Alexander the Great to Antiochus IV’s Day of Eleusis.
Finally, it is narrowed down to only on choice: Syria when the King of the North jumps from Antiochus IV, a Syrian king, straight to the prophecy of the coming Antichrist.
Therefore; the coming Antichrist is a Syrian-Amalakite-Edomite.
Of this one Jesus said:
- John 5:43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
The Jews will receive him because they sign a peace treaty with him (make a covenant), but they are betrayed. Like Antiochus IV and Haman, he will intend to make Jerusalem “a graveyard of Jews.”
The King Dethrones Queen Vashti
Esther 1:1 Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus (this was the Ahasuerus who reigned over one hundred and twenty-seven provinces, from India to Ethiopia),
From India to Ethiopia is called the Achaemenid Empire.
Esther 1:2 in those days when King Ahasuerus sat on the throne of his kingdom, which was in Shushan (Or Susa) the citadel (a fortified place),
Esther 1:3 that in the third year of his reign he made a feast for all his officials and servants—the powers of Persia and Media, the nobles, and the princes of the provinces being before him—
Esther 1:4 when he showed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the splendor of his excellent majesty for many days, one hundred and eighty days in all.
- The party lasted 180 days or half a year on a Jewish calendar.
- Ahasuerus is Artaxeres, the son of Xerxes. In the Septuagint, the Book of Esther refers to this king as ‘Artaxerxes’ (Ancient Greek: Αρταξέρξης).
- Side note: Immanuel Kant (an atheist) refers to Ahasuerus and the Wandering Jew as The Only Possible Argument in Support of a Demonstration of the Existence of God. In his book of the same title.
Esther 1:5 And when these days were completed, the king made a feast lasting seven days for all the people who were present in Shushan (Or Susa) the citadel (palace), from great to small, in the court of the garden of the king’s palace.
When the party of 180 days were completed…the king makes another feast lasting seven days.
Esther 1:6 There were white and blue linen curtains fastened with cords of fine linen and purple on silver rods and marble pillars; and the couches were of gold and silver on a mosaic pavement of alabaster, turquoise, and white and black marble.
Esther 1:7 And they served drinks in golden vessels, each vessel being different from the other, with royal wine in abundance, according to the generosity (Lit. hand) of the king.
Esther 1:8 In accordance with the law, the drinking was not compulsory; for so the king had ordered all the officers of his household, that they should do according to each man’s pleasure.
Esther 1:9 Queen Vashti also made a feast for the women in the royal palace which belonged to King Ahasuerus.
Esther 1:10 On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas, seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus,
Esther 1:11 to bring Queen Vashti before the king, wearing her royal crown, in order to show her beauty to the people and the officials, for she was beautiful to behold.
Esther 1:12 But Queen Vashti refused to come at the king’s command brought by his eunuchs; therefore the king was furious, and his anger burned within him.
Esther 1:13 Then the king said to the wise men who understood the times (for this was the king’s manner toward all who knew law and justice,
Esther 1:14 those closest to him being Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, and Memucan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who had access to the king’s presence, and who ranked [Lit. sat in first place] highest in the kingdom):
- Note: Seven Days, Seven Eunuchs, and Seven Princes.
- A trinity of sevens
- In Revelation: Seven Seals, Seven Trumpets, and Seven Bowls.
- Another trinity of sevens
- 777 is a culmination of completions occurring simultaneously of something good and new after a period of tribulation when the Jews face extinction.
Esther 1:15 “What shall we do to Queen Vashti, according to law, because she did not obey the command of King Ahasuerus brought to her by the eunuchs?”
Esther 1:16 And Memucan answered before the king and the princes: “Queen Vashti has not only wronged the king, but also all the princes, and all the people who are in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus.
Esther 1:17 For the queen’s behavior will become known to all women, so that they will despise their husbands in their eyes, when they report, ‘King Ahasuerus commanded Queen Vashti to be brought in before him, but she did not come.’
Esther 1:18 This very day the noble ladies of Persia and Media will say to all the king’s officials that they have heard of the behavior of the queen. Thus there will be excessive contempt and wrath.
Esther 1:19 If it pleases the king, let a royal decree (Lit. word) go out from him, and let it be recorded in the laws of the Persians and the Medes, so that it will not be altered (pass away), that Vashti shall come no more before King Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal position to another who is better than she.
Esther 1:20 When the king’s decree which he will make is proclaimed throughout all his empire (for it is great), all wives will honor their husbands, both great and small.”
Esther 1:21 And the reply pleased the king and the princes, and the king did according to the word of Memucan.
Esther 1:22 Then he sent letters to all the king’s provinces, to each province in its own script, and to every people in their own language, that each man should be master in his own house, and speak in the language of his own people.
Conclusion: The Hidden Hand in the Darkness is God’s hand. When Cyrus conquered Babylon, God’s hand wrote in the darkness on the wall. Now, Cyrus’ descendant, Artaxeres is encountering the circumstances of God’s intervention in the affairs of Persia on behalf of the Jews.
If it not for these circumstances the Jews would have been eradicated, annihilated, and erased from history. But before anyone knew what all this was leading up to … before they asked … God answered.
- Isaiah 65:24 “It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.