Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Revelation 5: THE THINGS WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE FUTURE:
The Blue Arrow: You Are Here
- Revelation 1:19 Write the things which you have seen (past – chapter 1), and the things which are (present – chapters 2 & 3), and the things which will take place after this (future – chapters 4-22).
See Intro to the book of Revelation
Revelation 5 THE BELIEVERS (from the rapture and resurrection) ARE IN HEAVEN
The Lamb Takes the Scroll
Revelation 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
|First Seal||Second Seal||Third Seal||Fourth Seal||Fifth Seal||Sixth Seal||Seventh Seal|
|White Horse: Arrival of the Antichrist||Red Horse: War||Black Horse: Famine||Green Horse: Death and Hell||Cry of the Martyrs||Cosmic Disturbances||The Seven Trumpets|
|Rev 6||Rev 6||Rev 6||Rev 6||Rev 6||Rev 6||Rev 8|
Note Chart Above: The Pattern of Six and One. The Seventh is set apart to introduce the trumpets.
Revelation 5:2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?”
- The presentation of the scroll.
- Note: The trumpets, bowls, and woes are on the inside of the scroll. They are contained in the seals.
Revelation 5:3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.
- In the third heaven: the angels. (Note God is in the “Highest of Heavens” (not the 3rd heaven)
On the earth: men, under the earth: demons? the dead?
Revelation 5:4 So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it.
- No one was found worthy of breaking the seals and opening the scroll, a fact that causes John to mourn (verse 3–4). If the scroll could not be opened, then wickedness would not be judged and evil would continue to infect the earth.
This means the mortgage to the earth which belonged to Adam, and given by God, would continue to belong to Satan who had became the god of this world. The thought is worthy of “weeping much” and hopelessness.
- II Cor 4:4 Amplified Bible: among them the god (Satan) of this world (age) has blinded the minds of the unbelieving to prevent them from seeing the illuminating light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Revelation 5:5 But one of the (24) elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.”
- There can be no doubt that the Lion of Judah, the Root of David, is Jesus.
|Lion of Judah||Hosea 5:14||Revelation 5:5|
|The Root of David||Revelation 5:5||Revelation 22:16|
- These seals are oracles decided from creation. That which God decided will be fulfilled: God’s agenda for man, for the Jews, for the Mideast, for the nation, for the world, and for the eradication of evil.
- The world has been spiritually and physically poisoned – there must be an EPA cleanup by Jesus. (Evil Purging Agency)
- To slay an innocent lamb is disgusting. So disgusting it takes an innocent Lamb slain to stop the evils.
Revelation 5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst (middle) of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns (powers) and seven eyes (understandings), which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
- Added to the previous names of Jesus: The Slain Lamb
|Lion of Judah||Hosea 5:14||Rev 5:5|
|The Root of David||Rev 5:5||Rev 22:16|
|The Slain Lamb||John 1:29||John 1:36||Rev 5:6||Rev 7:17||Rev 14:10||Rev 15:3||Rev 19:9||Rev 21:22||Rev 21:23|
- Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Might, Knowledge, and the Fear of the Lord.
The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon the Lamb (Jesus), The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.
The Seventh is the Spirit of Truth
1 John 5:6
[The Certainty of God’s Witness] This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the Truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Revelation 5:7 Then He (the Lamb) came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
Above: As in creation, note the pattern of Six and One. The seventh, Truth (Jesus) is separated and holy.
Worthy Is the Lamb
Revelation 5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
- Harps: music, instruments, joy and worship in praising God.
- The four living creatures are representatives of the Positions of Jesus as set out in the four gospels:
- Incense is our prayers.
Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying:
♫“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,♪
- Who are the twenty four Elders? They are those redeemed by the blood of Jesus, and taken from various tribes, languages, peoples, and nations.
Revelation 5:10 And have made us kings (a kingdom) and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”
- Those who were raptured and resurrected.
Revelation 5:11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,
- -An innumerable number-
Revelation 5:12 saying with a loud voice:
“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive 1) power and 2) riches and 3) wisdom,
And 4) strength and 5) honor and 6) glory and 7) blessing!”
- John 1:29 The Lamb of God – The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
- Seven is the number of perfection and completion: 1) power 2) riches 3) wisdom 4) strength 5) honor 6) glory, and 7) blessing. These are Jesus’ possessions as He rules in Jerusalem during the Millennium.
- The next verse puts four of them in the opposite order: strength, honor, glory, and blessing:
Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
“Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”
- Every creature must include the animals.
- Just like the Garden of Eden, the animals may once again are be understood in speech. Furthermore; it shows that animals are in heaven and earth, under the earth and in the sea. The serpent (an animal indwelt by Lucifer/Satan) spoke to Eve in the Garden of Eden and Eve wasn’t surprised at their conversing.
Blessing, Honor, Glory and Power represent the four faces of God.
|A special favor, mercy, or benefit from the Father. Praise, devotion, and worship.||Ephesians 1:3- Redemption in Christ|
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ
|Honesty, fairness, or integrity in one’s beliefs and actions. A credit of distinction. A high respect, in worth, merit, or rank.||Hebrews 2:7 You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned him with glory and honor, And set him over the works of Your hands.|
|Very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; renown.||Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.|
|Strength||1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.|