Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Revelation 7 – THE TRIBULATION – SEALING
- Blue arrow: You Are Here
Revelation 1:19 Write the things which you have seen (past), and the things which are (present), and the things which will take place after this (future).
Red Arrow: You are Here
- Notice the three patterns of six and one between the seals, the trumpets, and the bowls, where the seventh is separated and holy.
- It happens that this “seventh” is shared between them and unites all three, like the Trinity.
- Note: The 144,000 are sealed at the beginning of the tribulation before the vegetation, water or seas are struck. This occurs the same time as the introduction of the Antichrist on the white horse.
- 144,000 YOUNG JEWISH VIRGIN MEN SEALED
“Virgin” may refer to literally withholding sexual activity OR clean from never having committed idolatry.
The Sealed of Israel
Revelation 7:1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.
- Wind is symbolic of change. The four corners of the earth means everywhere.
Revelation 7:2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
Revelation 7:3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”
- The timing: The 144,000 are sealed before the vegetation, water or seas are struck, approximately the same time the Antichrist is revealed.
Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:
- There are no “lost tribes of Israel”
Revelation 7:5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
Revelation 7:6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
- Manasseh was the son of Joseph.
Revelation 7:7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
Revelation 7:8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph (Ephraim) twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
- The tribe of Dan is missing.
- Although Dan is not among those sealed because of their intense idolatry, the apostle Paul gives assurance that all Israel will be saved. Manasseh was added in the place of Dan.
- 12,000 x 12=144,000
A Multitude from the Great Tribulation
Revelation 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
- Reminiscent of Jesus entering Jerusalem:
- John 12:13 Took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: “Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ The King of Israel!”
- Palm branches have the history of acknowledging and honoring a conqueror as Lord and King.
- “The Persian Army conquered the outlying areas of the city’s interior while a majority of Babylonians at the city center were oblivious to the breach. When the upper city gates were opened, General Gubaru’s troops poured into the city without any resistance from the Babylonian army.On October 29th 539 BC history would have its most peaceful military conquest of a major imperial city. Cyrus himself did not actually enter the gates of the city for over a month. On November 9, 539 BC,he rode through the Ishtar Gate while the masses of the city layered a pathway of green twigs welcoming him with their sign of peace and honor, acknowledgment and acceptance that he is king.”
- Side Note: Jesus is God’s “Branch”:
- Isaiah 4:2 The Renewal of Zion – In that day the Branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious; And the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing For those of Israel who have escaped.
Revelation 7:10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
Revelation 7:11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
|Angels (Messengers)||Elders||Four Living Creatures|
Revelation 7:12 saying:
“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
- Note: the spiritual number of perfection: Seven types of Worship
Revelation 7:13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
Revelation 7:14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation (the last 3-1/2 years), and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- The last 3-1/2 years of the tribulation is called the “great” tribulation.
- No one wears a proper wedding garment to enter the kingdom of God unless it is washed in the blood of Jesus.
- Matthew 22:11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12 So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Revelation 7:15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.
Revelation 7:16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat;
- Their suffering was intense.
- Isaiah 21:14 Bring water to him (the remnant) who is thirsty; with their bread they met him who fled.
- Matthew 25:40 Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren (the Jews), you did it to Me.’
Revelation 7:17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters (fountains of the waters of life). And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
- An interesting picture: a Lamb shepherding the flock.
- The Living Water is Jesus. Living Water is eternal life.