The year is 2464 BC and God has a discussion with only one man who has found favor in His eyes, his name is Noah. Because of the righteousness of Noah, his family was also delivered. God gives man a warning: in 120 years, it will be the end.
There is a moral to Noah’s story. When a society totally breaks down, God will intervene only to save that which is worth saving.
Furthermore; it indicates that when a man is righteous, he is able to save his family.
The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
Genesis 6:1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
Genesis 6:2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
It is believed that the “sons of God” were the fallen angels. Some argue they are life from other planets who “left their domain”. However; according to Job, they existed before creation:
- Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the (measuring) line upon it? 6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
Man has been given a warning. He has 120 years before the earth is flooded. From the time God gave the instructions to Noah until the flood was 120 years, from 2464 BC until 2344 BC.
Click Her to Follow (click on top of pop-up): Timeline BC
Genesis 6:4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
i. Newspaper article of a giant:
CLEVELAND HERALD, SEPTEMBER 10, 1845
A GIANT EXHUMED.
We are informed on the most reliable authority that a person in Franklin County, Tennessee, while digging a well, a few weeks since, found a human skeleton, at the depth of fifty feet, which measures eighteen feet in length. The immense frame was entire with an unimportant exception in one of the extremities. It has been visited by several of the principal members of the medical faculty in Nashville, and pronounced unequivocally, by all, the skeleton of a huge man. The bone of the thigh measured five feet; and it was computed that the height of the living man, making the proper allowance for muscles, must have been at least twenty feet. The finder had been offered eight thousand dollars for it, but had determined not to sell it any price until first exhibiting it for twelve months. He is now having the different parts wired together for this purpose. These unwritten records of the men and animals of other ages, that are from time to time dug out of the bowels of the earth, put conjecture to confusion, and almost surpass imagination itself.—Madison Banner.
ii. Deuteronomy 3:11 “For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of the giants. Indeed his bedstead was an iron bedstead. (Is it not in Rabbah of the people of Ammon?) Nine cubits (13-1/2 feet) is its length and four cubits its width, according to the standard cubit.
iii. American Museum of Natural History document:
“Before there were any humans on Pallene, the story goes that a battle was fought between the gods and the giants. Traces of the giants’ demise continue to be seen to this day, whenever torrents swell with rain and excessive water breaks their banks and floods the fields. They say that even now in gullies and ravines the people discover bones of immeasurable enormity, like men’s carcasses but far bigger.” –Greek historian Solinus, c. AD 200
iv. Names used to describe giants. Easton’s Bible Dictionary
- Heb. Nephilim, meaning “violent” or “causing to fall” (Genesis 6:4). These were the violent tyrants of those days, those who fell upon others. The word may also be derived from a root signifying “wonder,” and hence “monsters” or “prodigies.” In Numbers 13:33 this name is given to a Canaanitish tribe, a race of large stature, “the sons of Anak.” The Revised Version, in these passages, simply transliterates the original, and reads “Nephilim.”
AKA the sons of Anak
Nephilim: A similar or identical biblical Hebrew term, read as “Nephilim” by some scholars, or as the word “fallen” by others, appears in:
- Ezekiel 32:27. They do not lie with the mighty
Who are fallen (Nephilim) of the uncircumcised,
Who have gone down to hell with their weapons of war;
They have laid their swords under their heads,
But their iniquities will be on their bones,
Because of the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.
- Heb. Rephaim, a race of giants (Deuteronomy 3:11) who lived on the east of Jordan, from whom Og was descended. They were probably the original inhabitants of the land before the immigration of the Canaanites. They were conquered by Chedorlaomer (Genesis 14:5), and their territories were promised as a possession to Abraham (15:20). The Anakim, Zuzim, and Emim were branches of this stock.
AKA the Anakim, Zuzim, and Emim
In Job 26:5 (R.V., “they that are deceased;” marg., “the shades,” the “Rephaim”) and Isaiah 14:9 this Hebrew word is rendered (A.V.) “dead.” It means here “the shades,” the departed spirits in Sheol. In 2 Samuel 21:16, 18, 20, 33, “the giant” is (A.V.) the rendering of the singular form ha raphah, which may possibly be the name of the father of the four giants referred to here, or of the founder of the Rephaim. The Vulgate here reads “Arapha,” whence Milton (in Samson Agonistes) has borrowed the name “Harapha.” (See also 1 Chron. 20:5, 6, 8; Deuteronomy 2:11, 20; 3:13; Joshua 15:8, etc., where the word is similarly rendered “giant.”) It is rendered “dead” in (A.V.) Psalms 88:10; Proverbs 2:18; 9:18; 21:16: in all these places the Revised Version marg. has “the shades.” (See also Isaiah 26:14.)
AKA “the Shades”
- Heb. Anakim (Deuteronomy 2:10, 11, 21; Joshua 11:21, 22; 14:12, 15; called “sons of Anak,” Numbers 13:33; “children of Anak,” 13:22; Joshua 15:14), a nomad race of giants descended from Arba (Joshua 14:15), the father of Anak, that dwelt in the south of Palestine near Hebron (Genesis 23:2; Joshua 15:13). They were a Cushite tribe of the same race as the Philistines and the Egyptian shepherd kings. David on several occasions encountered them (2 Samuel 21:15-22). From this race sprung Goliath (1 Samuel 17:4).
AKA The sons of Anak, the children of Anak, includes Goliath.
- Heb. Emin, a warlike tribe of the ancient Canaanites. They were “great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims” (Genesis 14:5; Deuteronomy 2:10, 11).
AKA The Rephaim
- Heb. Zamzummim (q.v.), Deuteronomy 2:20 so called by the Amorites.
AKA The Rephaim
Zuzim meaning “roving creatures”
- Heb. Gibbor (Job 16:14), a mighty one, i.e., a champion or hero. In its plural form (Gibborim) it is rendered “mighty men” (2 Samuel 23:8-39; 1 Kings 1:8; 1 Chronicles 11:9-47; 29:24.) The band of six hundred whom David gathered around him when he was a fugitive were so designated. They were divided into three divisions of two hundred each, and thirty divisions of twenty each. The captains of the thirty divisions were called “the thirty,” the captains of the two hundred “the three,” and the captain over the whole was called “chief among the captains” (2 Samuel 23:8). The sons born of the marriages mentioned in Genesis 6:4 are also called by this Hebrew name.
v. Comments: From various names and passages in scripture it appears the land God gave to Abraham was infested with giants who co-mingled with gentile nations.
Genesis 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
Genesis 6:7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
But: The flipside is….
Noah was born 2944 BC. In 2464 BC when Noah was 480 years old God instructs him to build an Ark. Noah’s grandfather was Methuselah, the oldest living man in history who died the same year as the flood, 2344 BC. Noah was 600 years old. From the time Noah received the instructions until the flood was 120 years.
- Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
It will seem normal to those living at that time, but they can’t see with spiritual eyes.
Personal application: Do I see with “spiritual” eyes, or am I like the “blind leading the blind”?
@ TYPE ALERT
The historic Noah is the prophetic Christ.
In studying the “Types” – the two comparative words “AS” and “SO” are used to forcibly call our attention to the comparison. The word “AS” is used for the “Type,” while the word “SO” for the Antitype. The first is historic; the second prophetic.
Noah Pleases God
Genesis 6:9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Genesis 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
Note: To be corrupt morally, also means to corrupt (rot) physically. ~Barbara Grover
The Ark Prepared
Genesis 6:13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
The earth is filled with violence, but it is not the violence of stone age men who beat each other over the head with wooden clubs.
There is evidence of nuclear war prior to the flood:
2500 BC: Antidiluvian Evidence of Ancient Atomic Knowledge?
Science Frontiers Online: Evidence at Mohenjo-Daro (Mouth of the dead)
When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city.
And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.
These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal.
Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon.The cities were wiped out entirely.
While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes them seem much younger.
How to Self-Decontaminate after a Radiation Emergency
Any radioactive material that gets into surface water or ground water sources will be diluted to very low levels by the water and will be safe to use for washing skin, hair, and clothing.
Could a “flood” dilute the radioactive materials from the antediluvian age? Perhaps every animal, the land, and everything with it was radioactive.
Genesis 6:14 Make yourself an ark of gopher wood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch (kōp̄er).
- h1613 gōp̄er
A wood that has pitch in it used for ship building.
- h3724 kōp̄er
figuratively, a redemption-price:—bribe, camphire, pitch, ransom, satisfaction, sum of money, village.
- from H3722 kāp̄ar
to cover, purge, make an atonement, make reconciliation, cover over with pitch
The Holy Spirit “seals” the believer even as kāp̄ar sealed the ark.
– – – – –
Genesis 6:15 And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits (450 ft), its width fifty cubits (75 ft), and its height thirty cubits (45 ft).
- Note: To calculate cubits to feet, divide the cubit in half and add it to the original amount.
Genesis 6:16 You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.
Genesis 6:17 And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.
Genesis 6:18 But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.
- Note: God is going to make a covenant with Noah! But it won’t happen until after the flood when there is a rainbow in the sky.
- The earth at this time has no rain because there is an orb of ice encapsulating the earth to keep harmful sun rays from the planet. Instead, there are chambers under the crust of the earth filled with water that creates a mist. It operates much like a terrarium.
- Noah had never seen the sky, the sun, the stars, or a rainbow until he embarks from the ark. Imagine his awe.
Genesis 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.
Note: With anything other than male and female, repopulating the earth would have been a problem.
Genesis 6:20 Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive.
Humor: Not all the animals came in pairs. The worms came in apples.
Genesis 6:21 And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, and you shall gather it to yourself; and it shall be food for you and for them.”
Since Noah took food for the animals, that rules out the theory that the ark was a floating laboratory and he kept the DNA of animals in vials.
Genesis 6:22 Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did.
– – – – –
►Note: If you had a choice between taking the greatest ocean liner ever built during its time, the Titanic, or the Ark, which would you choose?
- The Titanic is a man made marvel. The Ark is made of wood and pitch.
- The Titanic is plush and clean. The Ark is full of smelly animals.
- The Titanic is full of Jewelry, Gold, and Silver. The Ark is full of … well, you know.
The moral of this story: Be careful of that which you choose to deliver you from destruction. The things of this world only appear to be your salvation.
Need an ark? – I Noah guy
– – – – –
►Life on the Ark was hard:
- Noah wouldn’t allow the chickens to use fowl language.
- Noah got milk from the cows and quackers from the geese.
- Noah was a financier. He floated his stock while everyone else liquidated.
- The ark used floodlights.
- Noah wouldn’t allow card playing on the ark. He sat on the deck because he couldn’t trust the cheetahs.
- Noah kept the bees in the ark-hives.
- The worms came in “pears”.
- The adder snakes couldn’t go forth and multiply. They could only add.
- Noah built the boat because he was God’s Ark-itech renowned for his workman-ship.
- Noah’s wife used tide to wash their clothes.
- When land appeared they disemb-ark-ed.
- Noah entered the ark with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives; but his mother-in-law wood knot em-bark.
- I listen to God when He says He will send a flood. Wood knot you?
- It rains 40 days and 40 d-ark nights.
- The first animals on the boat were the aardvarks.
- Noah had a proprietor-ship.