Separated from God
Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened,
That it cannot save;
Nor His ear heavy,
That it cannot hear.
Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God;
And your sins have hidden His face from you,
So that He will not hear.
►God is separated from sin. The Hebrew word for Holy is “to separate”. God is “holy, holy, holy”. Once for the Father, once for the Son, and once for the Holy Spirit.
►If a man wants to have his prayers answered he should not separate himself from God with his unrepentant sins.
Isaiah 59:3 For your hands are defiled with blood (bloodshed),
And your fingers with iniquity;
Your lips have spoken lies,
Your tongue has muttered perversity.
Isaiah 59:4 No one calls for justice,
Nor does any plead for truth.
They trust in empty words and speak lies;
They conceive evil (trouble) and bring forth iniquity.
Isaiah 59:5 They hatch vipers’ eggs and weave the spider’s web;
He who eats of their eggs dies,
And from that which is crushed a viper breaks out.
Isaiah 59:6 Their webs will not become garments,
Nor will they cover themselves with their works;
Their works are works of iniquity,
And the act of violence is in their hands.
Isaiah 59:7 Their feet run to evil,
And they make haste to shed innocent blood;
Their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity;
Wasting and destruction are in their paths.
Isaiah 59:8 The way of peace they have not known,
And there is no justice in their ways;
They have made themselves crooked paths;
Whoever takes that way shall not know peace.
The pain one experiences in life is directly related to the lies of Satan a person believes. To know truth is to read God’s Word in order to stay on the straight and narrow way.
Each lie will create a branch off the road to “True North”. The further one continues on that branch the larger the distance becomes to the straight and narrow road. It gets harder and harder to return.
The only way to be released from pain is to leave the path of lies and return to the road of “True North”.
The best life experience is to stay on the road that leads to God.
Isaiah 59:9 Therefore justice is far from us,
Nor does righteousness overtake us;
We look for light, but there is darkness!
For brightness, but we walk in blackness!
Isaiah 59:10 We grope for the wall like the blind,
And we grope as if we had no eyes;
We stumble at noonday as at twilight;
We are as dead men in desolate places.
The Walking Dead
- Deuteronomy 28:29 And you shall grope at noonday, as a blind man gropes in darkness; you shall not prosper in your ways; you shall be only oppressed and plundered continually, and no one shall save you.
- Genesis 19:4-7a, 9-11 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.” 6 So Lot went out to them through the doorway, shut the door behind him, 7 and said, “Please, my brethren, do not do so wickedly! … 9 And they said, “Stand back!” Then they said, “This one came in to [a]stay here, and he keeps acting as a judge; now we will deal worse with you than with them.” So they pressed hard against the man Lot, and came near to break down the door. 10 But the men reached out their hands and pulled Lot into the house with them, and shut the door. 11 And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.
- Matthew 15:14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”
Isaiah 59:11 We all growl like bears,
And moan sadly like doves;
We look for justice, but there is none;
For salvation (Jesus), but it is far from us.
Isaiah 59:12 For our transgressions are multiplied before You,
And our sins testify against us;
For our transgressions are with us,
And as for our iniquities, we know them:
Isaiah 59:13 In transgressing and lying against the Lord,
And departing from our God,
Speaking oppression and revolt,
Conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
Isaiah 59:14 Justice is turned back,
And righteousness stands afar off;
For truth is fallen in the street,
And equity cannot enter.
Isaiah 59:15 So truth fails,
And he who departs from evil makes himself a prey.
Personal Application: If you find you have become a prey, pray.
The Redeemer of Zion
Then the Lord saw it, and it displeased Him (Lit. it was evil in His eyes)
That there was no justice.
Isaiah 59:16 He saw that there was no man,
And wondered that there was no intercessor;
Therefore His own arm (Jesus) brought salvation (the literally name of Jesus is Yeshua which means “salvation”) for Him;
And His own righteousness, it sustained Him.
An intercessor is a mediator:
- 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
Isaiah 59:17 For He put on righteousness as a breastplate,
And a helmet of salvation on His head;
He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing,
And was clad with zeal as a cloak.
- Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- 1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
It is the duty of the Kinsman Redeemer to take vengeance. Jesus became a man so He could fulfill the role of a Kinsman Redeemer.
- Psalm 54:5 He will repay my enemies for their evil. Cut them off in Your truth.
- Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
- Hebrews 10:30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”
- Ezekiel 7:9 ‘My eye will not spare, Nor will I have pity; I will repay you according to your ways, And your abominations will be in your midst. Then you shall know that I am the Lord who strikes.
Isaiah 59:18 According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay,
Fury to His adversaries,
Recompense to His enemies;
The coastlands He will fully repay.
Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear
The name of the Lord from the west,
And His glory from the rising of the sun;
When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.
Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,
And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,”
Says the Lord.
Isaiah 59:21 “As for Me,” says the Lord, “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord, “from this time and forevermore.”
► The reward for staying on the path that leads to God is loving relationships and blessings for all your family that they should also know the Lord.