Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
What should I learn from this chapter?
- The effect and affect of dealing with liars.
- The origin of liars
Plea for Relief from Bitter Foes
A Song of Ascents.
Psalm 120:1 In my distress I cried to the Lord,
And He heard me.
- S-ave me
- O-h my
Psalm 120:2 Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips
And from a deceitful tongue.
- Betrayal of Israel: The Antichrist
- Psalm 55:20 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; He has broken his covenant. 21The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.
- Betrayal of Jesus: Judas
- Luke 22:48 But Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”
Psalm 120:3 What shall be given to you,
Or what shall be done to you,
You (liar) false tongue?
- Liars are of Satanic Origin: John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
Psalm 120:4 Sharp arrows of the warrior (mighty one),
With coals of the broom tree!
- “What shall be done for you?” David asks, then suggests: Fiery Arrows shot through the air toward you, you liar, by the arms of a mighty warrior.
- The wood of white broom is used extensively for making charcoal.
Psalm 120:5 Woe is me, that I dwell in Meshech,
That I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
- Rev 9:12 One woe is past. Behold, still two more woes are coming after these things.
Psalm 120:6 My soul has dwelt too long
With one who hates peace.
- Someone who hates peace is looking for trouble.
- “Let me get out of here I can’t take it anymore!” Haven’t I felt that way many times, but I was stuck, looking for the first opportunity to escape a situation I found unbearable.
It reminds me of the song:
Beach Boys John B Sloop:
Let me go home
Why don’t they let me go home?
This is the worst trip I’ve ever been on
Psalm 120:7 I am for peace;
But when I speak, they are for war.
- 26 Av 1967
The Arab “3 Nos Resolution”: “No recognition, no peace, no negotiations with Israel”
- “If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel’” ― Benjamin Netanyahu
- Matthew 5:25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
- Note: King David said “I am for peace but they are for war”.
He doesn’t want to be sucked into a coalition that traps him.