Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
What should I learn from this chapter?
- Blessings have nothing to do with owning “things”.
Blessings of Those Who Fear the Lord
A Song of Ascents.
Psalm 128:1 Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord,
Who walks in His ways.
- The way of the Lord is the way of non-contention. The way of Gratitude.
Psalm 128:2 When you eat the labor (Fruit of the labor) of your hands,
You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
- What does it mean to blessed? When you work you will receive the fruit of your labor and enjoy it.
Psalm 128:3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
In the very heart of your house,
Your children like olive plants
All around your table.
- What does it mean to be blessed? You will have many children who rise up and bless you.
Psalm 128:4 Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
Who fears the Lord.
Psalm 128:5 The Lord bless you out of Zion,
And may you see the good of Jerusalem
All the days of your life.
- What does it mean to be blessed? To live without trouble.
Psalm 128:6 Yes, may you see your children’s children.
- What does it mean to be blessed? You will have long life and see your children’s children.