Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
What should I learn from this chapter?
- The difference between dignity and pride
- Daily Bread
Simple Trust in the Lord
A Song of Ascents. Of David.
Psalm 131:1 Lord, my heart is not haughty (Proud),
Nor my eyes lofty (Arrogant).
Neither do I concern myself (Lit. walk in) with great matters,
Nor with things too profound (difficult) for me.
- The difference between dignity and pride is simply being who God made you to be instead of more than who you are.
Psalm 131:2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
- For a weaned child, there is no time except the immediate
- For a weaned child, there is no worry, fretting or concern
- For a weaned child, he relies only on the resources he needs that day
- The weaned child knows nothing of evil
- The weaned child knows “rest”