Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- Leviathan as Satan
- The Antichrist character
- Jesus’ Name means Salvation
- Praise extends life
- Light and Truth
Prayer to God in Time of Trouble
Psalm 43:1 Vindicate me, O God,
And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
- The deceitful and unjust man is a name for the Antichrist who will rule during the seven year tribulation.
- He is deceitful because he betrays the Jews in the middle of the seven year tribulation.
Psalm 43:2 For You are the God of my strength;
Why do You cast me off?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
- The oppression of the enemy creates “mourning”. Our enemy is Satan, the monster who creates mourning in the sea of people.
- Below: H3885: The leviathan (sea monster) Satan, as the leviathan, causes “mourning” (see leviathan definition).
- Satan is the monster who lives in the sea of people.
- Isaiah describes him:
- Isaiah 27:1 – Israel Will Be Restored – In that day the Lord with His severe sword, great and strong, Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan that twisted serpent; And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea (of people).
Psalm 43:3 Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle (dwelling places).
- “Send out Your Light and Your Truth!”
- John 3:21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Matthew 4:16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.”
Psalm 43:4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.
- Personal Application: To praise God is to extend one’s life because, as King David argued to God, he (David) could not praise God from the pit (grave).
Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help (Lit. salvation) of my countenance and my God.
- Salvation is the meaning of Jesus’ Greek name as well as Yeshua His Hebrew name.