Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- The heart of repentance
- The prophecy of Jesus’ crucifixion
- The result of the resurrection
Prayer with Confidence in Final Salvation
A Prayer of David.
Psalm 17:1 Hear a just cause, O Lord, Attend to my cry;
Give ear to my prayer which is not from deceitful lips.
Psalm 17:2 Let my vindication come from Your presence;
Let Your eyes look on the things that are upright.
Psalm 17:3 You have tested my heart;
You have visited me in the night;
You have tried (examined) me and have found nothing (Nothing evil);
I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
Psalm 17:4 Concerning the works of men, By the word of Your lips,
I have kept away from the paths of the destroyer.
- The Destroyer: Strong’s h6530 pĕriyts
- From H6555; violent, i.e. a tyrant:—destroyer, ravenous, robber.
- The Antichrist is called the Destroyer:
Revelation 9:11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.
Psalm 17:5 Uphold my steps in Your paths,
That my footsteps may not slip.
- Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.
[King David had gone in to Bathsheba]
Psalm 17:6 I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech.
Psalm 17:7 Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,
O You who save (deliver) those who trust in You
From those who rise up against them.
Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple (pupil) of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,
- Matthew 23:37 Jesus Laments over Jerusalem “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
- Revelation 12:14 But the woman (remnant of Jews) was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
One of the faces of the four faces of God is an Eagle:
Psalm 17:9 From the wicked who oppress me, From my deadly enemies who surround me.
- Psalm 22:12 [prophetic of Jesus’ crucifixion] Many bulls (leaders) have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan (giants) have encircled Me.
- As David … Also Jesus, although …
- David was spared.
- Jesus not.
Psalm 17:10 They have closed up their fat hearts;
With their mouths they speak proudly.
- Proverbs 6:16-19 These six the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.
Psalm 17:11 They have now surrounded us in our steps;
They have set their eyes, crouching down to the earth,
Psalm 17:12 As a lion is eager to tear his prey,
And like a young lion lurking in secret places.
Psalm 17:13 Arise, O Lord, Confront him, cast him down;
Deliver my life from the wicked with Your sword,
- The Eagle has Risen!
Psalm 17:14 With Your hand from men, O Lord,
From men of the world who have their portion in this life,
And whose belly You fill with Your hidden treasure.
They are satisfied with children,
And leave the rest of their possession for their babes.
Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Luke 24:6 (The resurrection predicted) (Old Testament prophecy fulfilled by Jesus)
Note: We believers shall be like Him when we see Him as He is.
- 1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.