Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
What should I learn from this chapter?
- Verses that pertain to the 2nd coming of Jesus Yeshua.
A Song of Praise to God Coming in Judgment
Psalm 96:1 Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!
Sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Psalm 96:2 Sing to the Lord, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
The Hebrew word for salvation is “Yeshua” or in Greek it is “Jesus”
Psalm 96:3 Declare His glory among the nations (Gentiles),
His wonders among all peoples.
Psalm 96:4 For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised;
He is to be feared above all gods.
Psalm 96:5 For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
But the Lord made the heavens.
Psalm 96:6 Honor and majesty are before Him;
Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.
Psalm 96:7 Give (Ascribe) to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
Give to the Lord glory and strength.
Psalm 96:8 Give (Ascribe) to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
Psalm 96:9 Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth.
Psalm 96:10 Say among the nations (gentiles), “The Lord reigns;
The world also is firmly established,
It shall not be moved (shaken);
He shall judge the peoples righteously.”
Psalm 96:11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad;
Let the sea roar, and all its fullness (all that is in it);
Psalm 96:12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it.
Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice
Psalm 96:13 before the Lord.
For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth.
He shall judge the world with righteousness,
And the peoples with His truth.
- He comes with ten thousands of His saints:
- Deuteronomy 33:2 And he said: “The Lord came from Sinai, And dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, And He came with ten thousands of saints; From His right hand Came a fiery law for them.
- Jude 1:14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
- Zechariah 14:5 Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You.
- Matthew 24:30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.
- His foot will land on Mt. Olives causing it to split in two, from east to west.
- Zechariah 14:4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.
- Acts 1:10-12 while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet,
- He will come to save the remnant of Jews who are on the verge of annihilation.
- Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
- Hosea 5:15 I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.”
- He will be seen by every eye.
- Revelation 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
- Sinners know what will become of them.
- Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites: “Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”
- Malachi 4:1 [The Great Day of God] “For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up,” Says the Lord of hosts, “That will leave them neither root (ancestor) nor branch (descendants).
- Hos 10:8 The high places also of Aven, the sin of Israel, shall be destroyed: the thorn H6975 and the thistle shall come up on their altars; and they shall say to the mountains, Cover us; and to the hills, Fall on us.
- Rev 6:15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”
- The destruction of the Antichrist indwelt by Satan
- Isaiah 27:1 Israel Will Be Restored- In that day the Lord with His severe sword, great and strong, Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan that twisted serpent; And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea.
- The slaughter of those who come against Jerusalem, the descendants of ancient days.
- He will come like lightning:
- Luke 17:24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.
- Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
- Revelation 22:20 I Am Coming Quickly-He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!