Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- Sin and curses are boomerangs
- The temporal is forgotten but the memories of the righteous last forever
- Your stains can be blotted out by the blood of Jesus or your name can be blotted out of Jesus’ book of life.
Prayer and Thanksgiving for the Lord’s Righteous Judgments
To the Chief Musician. To the tune of (Heb. Muth Labben) “Death of the Son.” A Psalm of David.
Psalm 9:1 I will praise You, O Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
Psalm 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High (ʿelyôn).
Elyon H5927: To go up, ascend, climb. to be taken up, taken away,
Psalm 9:3 When my enemies turn back,
They shall fall and perish at Your presence.
- God has David’s back.
Psalm 9:4 For You have maintained my right and my cause;
You sat on the throne judging in righteousness.
Psalm 9:5 You have rebuked the nations (Gentiles),
You have destroyed the wicked;
You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
- Psalm 109:13 Let his posterity be cut off, And in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
Psalm 9:6 O enemy, destructions are finished forever!
And you have destroyed cities;
Even their memory has perished.
Psalm 9:7 But the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) shall endure forever;
He has prepared His throne for judgment.
- The Great White Throne is ready and waiting.
- It occurs after the Millennium but before the New Heavens and Earth.
Psalm 9:8 He shall judge the world in righteousness,
And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.
- @Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Acts 17:31 (Judge the world in righteousness) (Old Testament prophecy fulfilled by Jesus)
- See: Topic “The Great White Throne Judgement”
Psalm 9:9 The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) also will be a refuge (Lit. secure height) for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.
Psalm 9:10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:11 Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion!
Declare His deeds among the people.
Psalm 9:12 When He avenges blood, He remembers them;
He does not forget the cry of the humble (afflicted).
Psalm 9:13 Have mercy on me, O Lord (Yᵊhōvâ)!
Consider my trouble from those who hate me,
You who lift me up from the gates of death,
Psalm 9:14 That I may tell of all Your praise
In the gates of the daughter of Zion (Jerusalem).
I will rejoice in Your salvation.
Psalm 9:15 The nations (Gentiles) have sunk down in the pit which they made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.
- Haman hung on the gallows he built.
- Judas died from his own betrayal.
- Saul set a trap for David, Balak paid for a curse for Israel and received the curse himself, Lot wanted the “good” land and received fireballs and ashes.