Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- Night and Morning
- When God hears you, He also heals you.
The Blessedness of Answered Prayer
A Psalm. A Song at the dedication of the house of David.
Psalm 30:1 I will extol You, O Lord (Yᵊhōvâ H3068 YHWH ), for You have lifted me up,
And have not let my foes rejoice over me
Psalm 30:2 O Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) my God (‘ĕlōhîm), I cried out to You,
And You healed me (Not written “heard me”, but “healed me”.)
Psalm 30:3 O Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), You brought my soul up from the grave;
You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit (from those who descend to the pit).
- The writer, King David, considered himself in hell and that Yehova kept him alive.
Psalm 30:4 Sing praise to the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name (Or His holiness).
30:5 For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy (a shout of joy) comes in the morning.
- The night:
- Isaiah 21:4 My heart wavered, fearfulness frightened me; The night (of rest) for which I longed He turned into fear (tribulation) for me.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:5 We (believers) are not of the night nor of darkness.
- The morning:
- 2 Peter 1:19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;
- Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
30:6 Now in my prosperity I said,
“I shall never be moved (shaken).”
30:7 Lord, by Your favor You have made my mountain (government) stand strong;
You hid Your face, and I was troubled.
30:8 I cried out to You, O Lord;
And to the Lord I made supplication:
30:9 “What profit is there in my blood,
When I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise You?
Will it declare Your truth?
30:10 Hear, O Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), and have mercy on me;
Lord, be my helper!”
30:11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth (The sackcloth of my mourning) and clothed me with gladness,
- The meaning of Leviathan, the monster who lives in the sea of people, (Satan) means “mourning”.