Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Graces of the Heirs of Grace
Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,
Titus 3:2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.
Titus 3:3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. (A list of sins)
Titus 3:4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
Titus 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
Titus 3:6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
Titus 3:7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- Definition of an heir: A person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person’s death. A person inheriting and continuing the legacy of a predecessor.
- A person of faith who believes in the Son of God and the Son’s perfect identity, that He was the Son of God; crucified, buried, and rose again to save men from their sins (and they not only believe it but live it) ; these become a “co-heir”.
- An heir or co-heir inherits everything that God is and God has, including:
- An eternal life
- The right to make requests of the father
- The desire to carry on the legacy of righteousness
- An environment of internal peace
- A compass of absolute truth
- A glorified body
- An inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade
- Inheritance in Him is holy, blameless, exalted, and pure. No earthly corruption or weakness can touch what God has bestowed
- Everything new that cannot lose its value
- The seal of the Holy Spirit guaranteeing our inheritance
- A lack of grief, pain, death, separation, or tears.
- Access to God’s understanding of True Love in every relationship; painless, real, serving, sharing, thrilling immersed in acceptance and trust.
- Access to God’s unending resources and deepest treasures.
- The authority to judge angels (assumption these are fallen angels).
- A heavenly territory.
- Verses concerning man’s inheritance in Christ: https://www.gotquestions.org/inheritance-in-Christ.html
- John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
|A NEW LIFE IN CHRIST|
|Ephesians 1:11||In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,|
|Colossians 3:24||knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.|
|Hebrews 9:15||And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.|
|I Peter 1:4||to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,|
|Matthew 6:19-20||“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.|
|Ephesians 1:13-14||In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.|
|II Corinthians 1:22||Who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.|
|Hebrews 7:26||For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless (innocent), undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;|
|I Peter 1:23||having been born again, not of corruptible (perishable) seed but incorruptible (imperishable), through the word of God which lives and abides forever,|
|Revelation 21:27||But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles (profanes), or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.|
|John 10:28-29||And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.|
|II Corinthians 4:17-18||For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.|
|Hebrews 11:10||for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.|
|John 17:11||Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.|
|Revelation 21:4-5||And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”|
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
|Romans 8:17||and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.|
|I Corinthians 6:3||Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?|
|John 1:12-13||But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.|
|Psalm 16:5-6||O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;|
You maintain my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Yes, I have a good inheritance.
|I Corinthians 2:9||But as it is written:|
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
Titus 3:10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition (warning),
Titus 3:11 knowing that such a person is warped,
- What does it mean to be warped? Subverted, turned and twisted, tore up, turned inside out, invert, changed for the worse, perverted, and corrupt. (See Deuteronomy 32:20)
- That which is not straight is warped.
- Symbols in the Bible for being straight: Pillars and Palm Trees.
- Symbols in the Bible for being twisted (coiled): Serpents, Crown of Thorns.
A warped person is under the influence of:
- The Satanic world system,
- Their own sin nature,
Titus 3:11 and sinning,
Meaning of Sin: to be without a share in God’s Kingdom, to miss the mark, to err.
Titus 3:12 When I send Artemas to you, or Tychicus, be diligent to come to me at Nicopolis, for I have decided to spend the winter there.
►Meaning of Artemas: gift of Artemis,
- Named after a mythological Greek god.
- This is the only verse in scripture mentioning Artemas’ name.
- Tradition: According to tradition he was one of the seventy disciples, and bishop of Lystra.
►Meaning of Tychicus:
- fateful, fortuitous, fortunate.
- History: He was an Asiatic Christian, friend and companion of the Apostle Paul.
- Other verses mentioning him are: Acts 20:4, Eph 6:21, Col 4:7, 2 Titus 4:12
Titus 3:13 Send Zenas
►Meaning of Zenas: Jupiter
►A lawyer is a teacher of the Jewish law
►History: Zenas afterwards became a Christian (See Col 4:15)
►Meaning of Apollos:” given by Apollo”
►Named after a mythological Greek god who is the son of Zeus and Leto, and, ironically, the twin brother of Artemis of whom Artemas is named after (see verse 12).
- Artemas is the spiritual brother of Apollos, and Artemis is the mythological twin brother of Apollos.
►Apollos is the Olympian god of the sun and light.
- Apollos, Paul’s friend, serves God’s “Son” (vs sun) who gives Light to the world.
►History: A learned Jew from Alexandria and mighty in the scriptures, eloquent, who became a Christian and a teacher of Christianity.
►The ancient meaning of Apollo is “a sheepfold”. Paul’s Apollo is now preaching about the “Good Shepherd”.
►Apollos in Greek mythology killed “Python” the earth dragon. He is now slaying the Serpent, Satan by preaching the Gospel.
on their journey with haste, that they may lack nothing.
Titus 3:14 And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful.