Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Woe to Evildoers
Micah 2:1 Woe to those who devise iniquity,
And work out (Plan) evil on their beds!
At morning light they practice it,
Because it is in the power of their hand.
- The Antichrist devises iniquity, working out his evil as a young caterpillar called Gog. (Amos Septuagint)
- The morning light is the rapture and resurrection of the saints
- Then he practices it:
He rides onto the stage of human life carrying a seven year peace treaty.
- The Jews believe he may be the Messiah they have been waiting on. Then … he betrays them.
Micah 2:2 They covet fields and take them by violence,
Also houses, and seize them.
So they oppress a man and his house,
A man and his inheritance.
Micah 2:3 Therefore thus says the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ):
“Behold, against this family I am devising disaster,
From which you cannot remove your necks;
Nor shall you walk haughtily,
For this is an evil time.
- This is an evil time. It is called the time of tribulation, of affliction, like a woman in labor. It is the worst of times in all of history. No one could believe such a time of horror could possibly happen. He does monstrous things.
Micah 2:4 In that day one shall take up a proverb against you,
And lament with a bitter lamentation, saying:
‘We are utterly destroyed!
He has changed the heritage (Lit. portion) of my people;
How He has removed it from me!
To a turncoat (Lit. one turning back, an apostate) He has divided our fields.’ ”
- He is a turncoat, a betrayer.
Micah 2:5 Therefore you will have no one to determine boundaries by lot (Lit. one casting a surveyor’s line)
In the assembly of the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ).
Micah 2:6 “Do not prattle,” you say to those who prophesy (Or preach, lit. drip words).
So they shall not prophesy to you (Lit. to these);
They shall not return insult for insult (He shall not take shame).
- Do not refuse the Word of the Lord in arrogance. It is a price of debt you cannot pay.
Micah 2:7 You who are named “the house of Jacob”:
“Is (Yᵊhōvâ rûaḥ) the Spirit of the Lord restricted?
- Numbers 11:23 And the Lord said to Moses, “Has the Lord’s arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not.”
Are these His doings?
Do not My words do good
To him who walks uprightly?
- Personal Application: God’s words do good to those who walk uprightly.
Micah 2:8 “Lately My people have risen up as an enemy—
You pull off the robe with the garment
From those who trust you, as they pass by,
Like men returned from war.
Micah 2:9 The women of My people you cast out
From their pleasant houses;
From their children
You have taken away My glory forever.
Micah 2:10 “Arise and depart,
For this is not your rest;
Because it is defiled, it shall destroy,
Yes, with utter destruction.
Micah 2:11 If a man should walk in a false spirit
And speak a lie, saying,
‘I will prophesy (Or preach, lit. drip) to you (concerning) of wine and drink,’
Even he would be the prattler of this people.
Israel Restored – The regathering
Micah 2:12 “I will surely assemble all of you, O Jacob,
I will surely gather the remnant of Israel;
I will put them together like sheep of the fold (Heb. Bozrah),
Like a flock in the midst of their pasture;
They shall make a loud noise because of so many people.
- They will be like the sand of the seashore fulfilling God’s promise to Abraham.
- Genesis 22:17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.
- Genesis 32:12 For You said, ‘I will surely treat you well, and make your descendants as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.’ ”
- Genesis 41:49 Joseph gathered very much grain, as the sand of the sea, until he stopped counting, for it was immeasurable.
Micah 2:13 The one who breaks open will come up before them;
They will break out,
Pass through the gate,
- To pass through the gate is to be counted.
- To pass through the gate is to be released.
- To pass through the gate is to know Jesus.
- John 10:7,9- Jesus the Good Shepherd – Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
- Even as Moses took the Hebrews out of Egypt when the Pharaoh had dammed them up so will Jesus break the dam of the Antichrist during the tribulation and lead the Jews into the millennium; (an open, broad place of pastures).
And go out by it;
Their king will pass before them,
With the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) at their head.”
- The head is the first, the first born, the best, the choice.