Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
THE THINGS WHICH WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE FUTURE:
- Revelation 1:19 Write the things which you have seen (past – chapter 1), and the things which are (present – chapters 2 & 3), and the things which will take place after this (future – chapters 4-22).
See Intro to the book of Revelation
Revelation 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues (The bowls), for in them the wrath of God is complete.
Revelation 15:2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.
- Revelation 4:6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal.
- Revelation 13 The Beast from the Sea – Then I stood on the sand (Jerusalem) of the sea (of people).
►The Sand is symbolic of the Jews
- Abraham is the father of faith- for both Jews and Gentiles. The stars of the heaven are symbolic of the Gentiles while the sand of the seashore is symbolic of the Jewish kingdom on earth, God’s Jewish wife.
- Genesis 22:17 Blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.
►Fire is judgment, persecution, and purification. Purification is something beautiful like hand blown glass.
- Fire and Sand create glass. The Jews are a sea of people as innumerable as the sand on the seashore, tried in the fire of the tribulation creating a sea of glass.
Glass is made from natural and abundant raw materials (sand, soda ash and limestone) that are melted at very high temperature to form a new material: glass. At high temperature glass is structurally similar to liquids, however at ambient temperature it behaves like solids.
- Sand is unstable. When sand is converted to crystal it is solid. When light hits a prism of crystal a rainbow is created. Rain is literally “teacher”, Faithful Rain is the Messiah, and “Bow” is literally an oath or covenant. When the Light hits the crystal the “Covenant” (Bow) of the Messiah (Faithful Rain) is fulfilled in the colorful display of a Rainbow.
- Genesis 9:16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”
- Ezekiel 1:28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.
- Genesis 9:13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
- Revelation 10:1 – The Mighty Angel with the Little Book – I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.
- The mighty angel has references to Jesus who is the “Rain-Bow”, literally Covenant of the Messiah.
- The picture on the canvas of God’s Word illustrates how something as ugly as the tribulation can become as beautiful as crystal. Everything will become beautiful in its own time.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
Revelation 15:3 They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying:
“Great and marvelous are Your works,
Lord God Almighty!
Just and true are Your ways,
O King of the saints (nations)!
4 Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy.
For all nations shall come and worship before You,
For Your judgments have been manifested.”
Revelation 15:5 After these things I looked, and behold, the temple (sanctuary, the inner shrine) of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.
Revelation 15:6 And out of the temple (sanctuary, the inner shrine) came the seven angels having the seven plagues (bowls), clothed in pure bright linen, and having their chests girded with golden bands.
- Linen is symbolic of righteousness.
Revelation 15:7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever.
[Now the events switch back to the beginning of the tribulation]
Revelation 15:8 The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and no one was able to enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed.
- After the purification the temple will be available.
- Revelation 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.