Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
- The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)
The Assurance of God’s Saving Work
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
Psalm 20:1 May the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God (‘ĕlōhîm) of Jacob defend you (Lit. set you on high);
- Is this the day of trouble? REJOICE
Psalm 20:2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
- His sanctuary is His temple. His temple is in heaven.
- Revelation 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.
Psalm 20:3 May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah
- He knows the sacrifices you have made for Him.
Psalm 20:4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,
And fulfill all your purpose (counsel).
- Oh how I have longed for my heart’s desire. Only You Lord, know it.
SK EEK NOCK
- Matthew 7:7-12 Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking – “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
- To King David, God said:
2 Samuel 12:8 I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!
Psalm 20:5 We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of our God (‘ĕlōhîm) we will set up our banners!
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.
- His banner over me is LOVE!
- Deuteronomy 7:8 but because the Lord loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
- Because the Lord love YOU, and because He keeps the oath He made from the foundation of the world (to sacrifice Himself to save you), the Lord has brought you out of the house of bondage in this world (Egypt), and made you His own.
- Song of Solomon 2:10 My beloved spoke, and said to me: “Rise up, my love, my fair one, And come away.
Psalm 20:6 Now I know that the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) saves His anointed (Commissioned one, Heb. Messiah);
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
- The “right hand” of the King is the Prince; the “Right Hand” of the Father is the Son, Jesus.
- You who have handed your life to your God…trust Him. Sometimes He has something better.
Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God (Yᵊhōvâ ‘ĕlōhîm).
- It is better to be the servant of God than to be given the liberty of Satan.
Psalm 20:8 They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.
- Everyone will bow down and serve Jesus when He reigns in His kingdom on earth.
- But the bride arose to stand upright.
Psalm 20:9 Save, Lord (Yᵊhōvâ)!
May the King answer us when we call.
- In Hebrew, Jesus’s name is Yeshua meaning “SALVATION!” He calls His bride to Himself:
- Song of Solomon 2:13 The fig tree puts forth her green figs, And the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, And come away!
- Song of Solomon 4:7 You are all fair, my love, And there is no spot in you.
- To Jesus:
- Song of Solomon 8:6 Set me as a seal upon your heart, As a seal upon your arm; For love is as strong as death, Jealousy as cruel as the grave; Its flames are flames of fire, A most vehement flame.