Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
I Timothy 1
I Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope,
I Timothy 1:2 To Timothy, a true son in the faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
No Other Doctrine
I Timothy 1:3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge (command) some that they teach no other doctrine,
I Timothy 1:4 nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.
I Timothy 1:5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere (Literally: unhypocritical) faith,
I Timothy 1:6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
I Timothy 1:7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.
I Timothy 1:8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,
I Timothy 1:9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
I Timothy 1:10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary (opposed) to sound doctrine,
- Figures never lie, but liars always figure.
I Timothy 1:11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.
Glory to God for His Grace
I Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry,
I Timothy 1:13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent (violently arrogant) man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
I Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.
I Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
- My heart is wrung out when I think of all the mistakes I’ve made in life. The people who have hurt me and the hurt I’ve caused in others. Then I remember – Romans 8:28 !!! There is no such thing as a mistake when you give your life to God. He makes EVERYTHING work out for the best.
- If you believe God can’t forgive you for the mistakes you’ve made…then you must believe you are competing with the apostle Paul who said he was the chief among sinners.
- Enjoy peace of heart and mind when you realize that in the end, God is going to make EVERYTHING perfect again. Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that NO ONE can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
- Trust HIm who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power (HIS POWER) that works in us, Ephesians 3:20
- YES! It will work out. YES! You don’t need to hurt, worry, fear, or punish yourself. YES, when you see what God can and will do, you will understand why Psalm 9:1 says: I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
- Today, this day, find peace of heart and rejoice in your beautiful future with the Lord. He will in no way cast you out.
I Timothy 1:16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.
I Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God (the only God) who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
Fight the Good Fight