Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
What should I learn from this chapter?
- What Truth is.
A Song of Praise for the Lord’s Faithfulness to His People
A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
Psalm 100:1 Make a joyful shout to the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), all you lands (Lit. all the earth)!
Psalm 100:2 Serve the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Psalm 100:3 Know that the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), He is God (‘ĕlōhîm);
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves (we are His);
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
- We did not make ourselves.
- Yᵊhōvâ IS ‘ĕlōhîm
Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Psalm 100:5 For the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
- What is TRUTH?
- Truth is what God says it is. He knows everything and there is nothing that is hid from Him.
- Truth just is … but lies must be invented.
- Truth is perfect. It cannot be chipped, twisted or marred. Lies are cheap imitations.
- Truth begins with a cross “T” and ends with a throne “H”, if you remove the cross and the throne all you have left is a “RUT”
- Truth is a person “Jesus” who said He was the Truth (Therefore; He is also God)
- Truth can be inflammatory … but it is still truth.
- Truth can be called hate speech … but it is still truth.
- Truth is a straight line that leads to True North, like a compass.
- Truth is a language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.
- Three things that cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
- Everyone meets Truth at the Great White Throne Judgment.