Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 1:2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Redemption in Christ
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
Ephesians 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
- In a Jewish wedding the Father chooses the bride.
Ephesians 1:5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
- How can man have both free will and a predetermined outcome?
- A MUST WATCH-The double slit experiment for a beam of light.
- A short explanation of the u-tube presentation: according to the two slit experiment photons end up in an interference pattern in spite of the fact there is no necessary reason for it. Science believes the photons kind of have a mind of their own. They can make their own choices. Even more weird, all choices are taken until after getting through and to the end of the system, then they all collapse into only one point until that one choice is “posted” as the end result of the light beam.
Ephesians 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us (bestowed grace/favor upon us) accepted in the Beloved.
Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
- The forgiveness of sins is one of the outcomes of believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and recognizing His position as the Son of God.
Ephesians 1:8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence (understanding),
Ephesians 1:9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
Ephesians 1:10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.
- This verse, with I Corinthians 15:24, is the last event revealed to man in scripture. What happens after this prophetic event is a total mystery.
- “It was a time of learning about outrageous requests that I prayed and asked God the following ‘Lord, is there a number in the universe so big that no other number can supersede it?’
I was shocked to the core that God answered in the affirmative, let alone give any answer at all.
The answer is ‘ONE’. I suspect you already know this, but you haven’t heard the big picture. You see, the biggest number is the number ‘ONE’ called the Greater ONE, and the smallest number is the number ‘one’,or the lesser one, because God created the worlds from His own Light constituting “Energy, matter, and heat”. The entire entity of everything is “ONE” and everything else is a subset of ONE. Those subsets will all break down to the lesser one which is the smallest conversion of energy to matter. In other words ‘ONE’ is the sum total of all lesser ‘ones’ in God. If God didn’t create it, it doesn’t exist, with the exception of God Himself who has always been.
- 1 Corinthians 15:27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted.
Ephesians 1:11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
- See verse 5
- Romans 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Ephesians 1:12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
- Riddle: In what Words does the “st” become a “th”? (Answer: Trust to Truth)
Ephesians 1:14 who (which) is the (down payment, earnest) guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom
Ephesians 1:15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints,
Ephesians 1:16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers:
Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
- Let’s pray for one and another that God will give us the spirit of wisdom, revelation, and add courage.
Ephesians 1:18 the eyes of your (hearts) understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
Ephesians 1:19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
Ephesians 1:20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
- The Right Hand of the Father is called the “Arm of the Lord” (Isaiah 53:1, ), “A Mighty Hand and The Outstretched Arm” (Deuteronomy 7:19, 11:2), et al: (2 Chronicles 32:8, Isaiah 30:30, Isaiah 33:2, Isaiah 48:14, Isaiah 51:9, Isaiah 52:10, Isaiah 62:8, ) in the Old Testament and in the New Testament (John 12:38).
Ephesians 1:21 far above all principality (rule) and (authority) power and (power) might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
Ephesians 1:22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,
Ephesians 1:23 which is His body (the church), the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
- All in All. What does this mean except to be united as One.
- If God can be trusted, then trust Him. He either IS or IS NOT God in ALL circumstances.