Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Revelation 3 THE THINGS WHICH ARE: PRESENT (During the Roman era on Nebuchadnezzar’s Statue, which includes present day events and continues until the rapture of the church, all of which are considered the “present” and described in Daniel as having thighs and legs of iron.)
Chart Below Blue Arrow: You are here
Revelation 1:19 Write the things which you have seen (past – chapter 1), and the things which are (present – chapters 2 & 3), and the things which will take place after this (future – chapters 4-22).
See Intro to the book of Revelation
The Dead Church
Revelation 3:1 “And to the angel (messenger) of the church (Lit assembly) in Sardis write,
‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but – – – you are DEAD.
Revelation 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.
Revelation 3:3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
Revelation 3:4 (Nevertheless) You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
Revelation 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
Revelation 3:6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’
The Faithful Church: “It’s an open and shut case” PHILADELPHIA
- Present day Philadelphia is known for its volcanic soil as well as a severe earthquake which took place in 18 BC (when Jesus was a teenager).
Revelation 3:7 “And to the angel (Lit messenger) of the church (Lit assembly) in Philadelphia write,
‘These things says He who is Holy, He who is True, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”:
- Self Disclosure of Jesus
- Holy and True.
- The key of David.
- A Portion of the Godhead.
- Isaiah 22:22 The key of the house of David I will lay on his (Eliakim’s) shoulder (authority); So he shall open, and no one shall shut; And he shall shut, and no one shall open. (Eliakim, son of Hilkiah, means “Resurrection of God” in Hebrew, Strong’s H471 while Hilkiah means “Portion of Jehovah (YHWH)”.
- Jesus, as the Son of God, is a portion of the Father, and as God, He was risen from the dead. Scripture repeats that the Father raised Him, the Spirit raised Him, and that Jesus raised Himself from the dead. John 2:19
Revelation 3:8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and (which) no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
- They had a little strength-yet they continued — hope delayed, disappointed, deferred.
- They persisted
- Because they persisted, the door to the temple/palace of David was opened for them. Symbolically, they could see the light rushing through the open door and permeating the darkness. Through that open door something great was waiting. They went through the open door in the same way they got to that door: by persisting. They kept doing the same things they were doing until the darkness was chased away becoming nothing more than empty shadows.
Revelation 3:9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.
- The synagogue of Satan: Jews who rebuke the doctrine of salvation for the Gentiles.
Revelation 3:10 Because you have kept My command to persevere (Lit. the word of My patience), I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.
- These are kept from the seven year tribulation which presumably would be the church just prior to the rapture. This is the bride of Christ.
Revelation 3:11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
- Don’t trade your crown for worldly things. (ie: Don’t trade your birthright for a bowl of soup)
Revelation 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
- Pillars that were built for the singular purpose of writing hieroglyphics on them were called witnesses. They had a story to tell.
- The two pillars at the entrance of Solomon’s temple were called Boaz and Jachin, called the two witnesses. I Kings 7:21 and II Chronicles 3:17.
- Pillars are symbolic of righteous men, upright, straight, supports.
- Verses concerning the temple in heaven:
- “The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them.” (Psalms 11:4)
- “Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.” (Psalms 97:2)
- Isaiah also saw the throne of God in His Temple: “In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.” (Isaiah 6:1)
- The Quantum theory of “Entanglement” for things both in heaven and on earth.
- At the quantum scale, things can appear as particles (mass) or waves (energy) — and exist in more than one place at once. Or it may tunnel through walls. (Didn’t Jesus do that!) If you measure a photon’s location, you might find it in one place — and you might find it somewhere else. You can never know for certain where it is.
- Thanks to quantum theory, scientists have shown how pairs of particles can be linked — even if they’re on different sides of the room or opposite sides of the universe. Particles connected in this way are said to be entangled.
- The instructions God gave Moses had to be very specific to match the temple in heaven-matching the physics of entanglement.
- Believers sit in the heavens and on earth: Ephesians 2:4-6 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
- Believers ARE the New Jerusalem Ephesians 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
Revelation 3:13 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches (assemblies).” ’
The Lukewarm Church (assembly) LAODICEA