Awaiting the Messiah
With feet to the east, some 70,000 tombs want to be able to greet the Messiah face to face as they arise from their tombs. Buried from the time of King Solomon’s Temple to the present, they wait to see if this is the Messiah’s first (Jewish thoughts) or second (Christian’s belief in Jesus) entry into Jerusalem.
According to scripture, the Messiah will signal his arrival by coming down the Mount of Olives, crossing the Kidron Valley and entering the Temple through the eastern wall’s Golden Gate.
- I will return again to My place Till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.” Hosea 5:15
- Jesus Ascends to Heaven- Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day’s journey. Acts 1:9-12
- Note: He ascended from Mt. Olives
- Mourning for the Pierced One – “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem. Zechariah 12:10-11
- In that day the Lord with His severe sword, great and strong, will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent… Isaiah 27:27
- Then you (the Satanic indwelt Antichrist) shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal (A place not far from Jerusalem on Mt. Olives). Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah (Satan was also there then). Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5
- Every valley shall be exalted And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough places smooth; Isaiah 40:4 (The earthquake leveling the valley and the mountain).