Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
The Garden of Gethsemane is an Olive Grove where olives are crushed and used in the making of olive oil, which is used to anoint kings and priests.
The symbolism and metaphors concerning the Garden of Gethsamane in scripture seem to be endless, ripe for the picking. Olive trees do not have rings and so their age can not be precisely determined (Like Jesus, who has no beginning and no end.)
When Jesus prayed in the garden he poured out His soul to the Father saying “If it be possible – let this cup pass from me.” What is a “cup”? In several scriptural passages it means a series of events, poured like flowing liquid, into a container, and when the container has reached it’s capacity (fullness) then the culmination of those events reach their climax and their conclusion.
In scripture, God sees history as masses of humanity moving like water, a river flowing through the gully of time until reaching the ocean, like death, all men end up in the same place, the grave.
The meaning of “Gethsemane” is “wine or olive press”. Metaphorically, Jesus was the Father’s “Olive” pressed in an olive press- in the olive garden – on the Mount of Olives.
- Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12
As Jesus prayed, He sweat great drops of blood from the stress He felt knowing what was going to take place.
- And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. Luke 22:44
- In other words, Jesus, the Messiah, prophetically described in the book of Isaiah, was undergoing the process of having his soul crushed by a metaphoric mill stone, and like the process of the olive press, it ran into a container collecting its liquid which from old was used for the anointing of Jewish Kings and Priests following the words of God through Moses.
- “And you shall speak to the children of Israel, saying: ‘This shall be a holy anointing oil to Me throughout your generations. Exodus 30:31
From the beginning of time the anointing of olive oil foretold the story of Jesus.
In order to press olives it takes a mill stone to roll over them, allowing the oil to run into a gully for collection.
Scripture makes it clear that “mill stones” are men who are governed/indwelt by Satan which scripture calls “riders”, “chariots”, or “mill stones”.
Satan who is a serpent/dragon/leviathan uses men to do his will and thus becomes united with him, which is literally the meaning of Leviathan. These men becomes tied to Satan in mourning (another literal meaning of Leviathan)
In the Garden of Gethsemane however; Satan himself takes the role of the millstone crushing Jesus, riding over His soul, over and over as He prays, and returns to pray, and returns to pray again. It was spiritual warfare: Jesus the anointed Olive vs. Satan the millstone.
See Strong’s translations below for reference.
- For example: A chariot is called a rider, an upper mill-stone which rides over the lower mill-stone crushing people to death who gets in their way. For example: looking Into the future of the seven year tribulation Satan indwells the Antichrist and the False Prophet to ride over crushing the Jews in Jerusalem as they run for their lives as described in Matthew 24.
- Isaiah 21:9 And look, here comes a chariot of men -a pair of horsemen (the Antichrist and the False Prophet during the tribulation being indwelt by Satan)!”
- Matthew 24:16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
- H7393 reḵeḇ A team, chariot, chariotry, mill-stone, riders
- chariotry, chariots
- chariot (single)
- upper millstone (as riding on lower millstone)
- riders, troop (of riders), horsemen, pair of horsemen, men riding, ass-riders, camel-riders