Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
- Is THE ARK OF THE COVENANT (aka Ark of Testimony aka Ark of God) lost?
According to the Temple Institute, “The expression ‘lost’ ark is not an accurate description from the Jewish people’s point of view – because we have always known exactly where it is. So the Ark is ‘Hidden,’ and hidden quite well, but it is not lost. This location is recorded in our sources, and today, there are those who know exactly where this chamber is. And we know that the ark is still there, undisturbed, and waiting for the day when it will be revealed. An attempt was made (a) few years ago to excavate towards the direction of this chamber. This resulted in widespread Moslem unrest and rioting. They stand a great deal to lose if the Ark is revealed – for it will prove to the whole world that there really was a Holy Temple, and thus, that the Jews really do have a claim to the Temple Mount. (The official position of the Islamic Wakf, the body that governs over the Temple Mount, is that there never was a Holy Temple, and that the Jews have no right whatsoever to the place).” http://www.templeinstitute.org/ark_of_the_covenant.htm:
- Why were the Jews called “Hebrews”? Hebrew means to “Cross Over”. The Jews crossed over the Jordan into the promised land. The gentile believers who are graphed into the Jewish roots have crossed over from death to life and are on their way to the promised land (heaven).
- When Ariel Sharon was Prime Minister of Israel, he railed against the use of non-Hebrew words in everyday Hebrew. For example, most Israelis when hanging up the phone will end the call with “Nu, yalla bye”.
“Nu” is Yiddish, “yalla” is Arabic, and “bye” is English. Kind of funny.
Sharon pleaded for Israelis to use the more beautiful word “Shalom”.
- What species of animals is symbolic for Satan (the devil)?
Answer: THE REPTILE. Throughout Scripture Satan is described as a dragon, a sea monster Leviathan, a crocodile, a serpent, and always a reptile. Isaiah 27:1 “Israel Will Be Restored. In that day the Lord with His severe sword, great and strong, will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan that twisted serpent; And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea (of people).”
- THE SEA: Sea is Symbolic of “Sea of People”. Satan causes the sea of people to boil (seethe, stew) Job 41:31 He (Satan) makes the deep boil like a pot; He makes the sea like a pot of ointment. In contrast, David says in the 23rd Psalm that the Lord leads him (David) beside the still waters.
- ANGER: Anger is a hot rock in which Satan the serpent slithers to warm himself; there he coils, as twisted truth laying his eggs of lies.
- PITCH: Sap (pitch) is a sign of life – symbolic of the “Holy Spirit”. A tree cannot bear fruit without the sap which keeps a tree alive. In the same way a man cannot bear fruit without the Holy Spirit which keeps a man spiritually alive. The Holy Spirit seals a man’s heart just as Noah’s ark was sealed with sap (pitch). The Hebrew word for pitch is kaphar, meaning “atonement”, Strong’s H3722. To cover, purge, make an atonement, make reconciliation, cover over with pitch. A dead tree is devoid of sap.
- Julian’s Foolish Attempt to Rebuild the Jewish Temple
- WOOD – TREE: Wood and Trees are symbolic of men: verses:
“Break out into song, along with every tree (man) in the forest (of men)!” Isa 43:22
And it (the fire of God’s wrath) will consume the glory of his forest and of his fruitful field, both soul and body; Isaiah 10:18
“The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree (upright), He shall grow like a cedar (straight) in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing,” Psalm 92:12-14
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine dresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.” John 15:1-2
- WHICH THREE NAZARITES ARE MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE? Samson, Samuel, and John the Baptist
- FOUR WITNESSES: The four witnesses of God on earth are: miracles, wonders, signs and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Heb 2:4 “God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and distributions of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?”
- DATING FOR THE PROPHET JONAH: II Kings 14:23
Jonah 1:1 Jonah’s Disobedience: Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me.” But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
II Kings 14:23-25 In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, became king in Samaria, and reigned forty-one years. And he did evil in the sight of the LORD; he did not depart from all the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin. He restored the territory of Israel from the entrance of Hamath to the Sea of the Arabah, according to the word of the LORD God of Israel, which He had spoken through His servant Jonah the son of Amittai, the prophet who was from Gath Hepher.
Therefore: Jonah the prophet lived prior to Amaziah, who became king of Judah in 766 BC II Kings 15:1. See Timeline – 501 BC – 770 BC scroll to 766 BC.
- ONE ON THE RIGHT AND ONE ON THE LEFT: What if Jesus had granted their request?
And He (Jesus) said to her (the mother of James and John), “What do you wish?”
She said to Him, “Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your kingdom.”
Luke 23:33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left.
If Jesus had granted the request by James and John’s mother, they would have hung on the cross where the two thieves were hung. Instead He replied: “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” (the cup = the blood / the baptism = the death).
- TWO MEANINGS: “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant is my blood“. The Hebrew word for both “red wine” and “red blood” is “dam”. The disciples could have heard it either way (as either wine or blood) but not realized it until after His crucifixion.
- METALS OF THE NATIONS IN NEBUCHADNEZZAR’S STATUE
GOLD =absolute power (Babylon) – highest value
SILVER =sharing power (Medes & Persians) – next highest value
BRASS =diverse powers (Alexander and his four generals) – lower value
IRON =many powers (Rome and the Caesars and the Holy Roman Popes)– lowest value
CLAY = no value
- A Tree Dies from the Top Down:
Nations, Companies, Corporations, the Family, Churches, Homes, and the Individual.
Genesis 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man (symbolized in scripture as a tree or wood) was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- CROSSROADS: Crossroads call for choices, and the choices we make will change the pattern of our lives. God and the devil are both waiting at the crossroads, each attempting to alter ones paths, to heaven or to hell. ~Squire Rushnell
- After Jacob and Esau met, each one went their own way. Esau went to Mt. Seir and Jacob went to Succoth. Genesis 33:16-17So Esau returned that day on his way to Seir. 17 And Jacob journeyed to Succoth, built himself a house, and made booths for his livestock.
- THE SYMBOLIC MEANING OF “SIX”: Six is the Number of Man without God.
Man was created on the sixth day of creation.
After man sinned, he fell from a perfect seven (symbolic for complete and satisfied) to an imperfect (needy) six. At his fall, he is missing God who is “One”.
Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is One!
Man was a perfect “Seven” before his fall. After the fall he was without (minus) God who is “One” (Deut 6:4). Man becomes a needy and imperfect “six”. The number of man without God.
Likewise, Satan marks men with 666 during the seven year tribulation; an unholy trinity of neediness without God.
Eph 6:10-12 Six is associated with Sin:
(1) “the devil’s schemes,”
(2) “flesh and blood,”
(5) “powers of this dark world”
(6) and “spiritual forces of evil.”
- MOSES’ EXCUSES
Exodus 4:10 Moses said to ADONAI (YHVH) “Oh, ADONAI (YHVH) I’m a terrible speaker (I’m a man of few words.) I always have been and I’m no better now, even after you’ve spoken to your servant! My words come slowly, my tongue moves slowly (literally, Heavy mouth and Heavy tongue.)”
YHVH means “I AM that I AM”. Moses keeps telling God “I am NOT” but God states “I AM” and that is all that matters.
Moses’s excuses have run out…and yet he calls God “the Lord”. Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ but not do what I say?
The Hebrew meaning of toes is “fingers of the leg”. Nebuchadnezzar’s statue had ten toes, the fingers of the leg. These are the ten kings who give their power to the Antichrist at the end of time.
- THE PATTERN OF THE MENORAH WITH THE JEWISH FEASTS:
For more information on the Menorah see: Topic Menorah
- THE PASSOVER LAMB: The High Priest refused to go into the Praetorium when Jesus was tried by Pilot because he did not want to be “unclean” for Passover. Little did he know the Passover Lamb was IN the Praetorium.
- The Bible was written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
- Noah died in 1994 BC at 950 years old, only three years before Abraham was born in 1991 BC. See Timeline BC 1901 – 2000 BC
- “I set out to look for truth on the borderland where Greece and Asia meet, and found it there. You may press the words of Luke in a degree beyond any other historian’s and they stand the keenest scrutiny and the hardest treatment.”
~ Sir William Ramsey (eminent archaeologists who changed his mind regarding Luke after extensive study in the field), (1915), The Bearing of Recent Discovery on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 1975 reprint), pg 89.
- Sin Hangover
“After sinning, Adam and Eve woke to a incurable ‘sin hangover’ suffering such regrets which cannot be imagined or measured, except perhaps by the tears of the ages… at the end of the ages.
How many times in each of our own lives have we made choices which caused us to cry out, “Oh, Dear God! What have I done?” Such as the wife on the Dr. Phil show who cheated on her husband once and contracted the death sentence of AIDS.
“Prophetic Treasure Hunting” ~ Barbara Grover
- Time, Space, Matter, Energy
The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read: “In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter) … Then God said, “Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.
An excavated relief shows three prisoners of war playing lyres while being led away by a soldier. The lozenged background is meant to depict wooded surroundings. The detail shows Hebrew captives playing music, from Lachish, wandering through a mountain forest,
accompanied by an Assyrian warrior carrying a club and a quiver. They are wearing shirts and are barefoot, one has no hat, the others wear caps with headbands.
For there they that led us captive required of us songs, and they that
wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of
Zion. – Psalm 137:3 ASV
The two books of the Bible named after women are “Esther” and “Ruth”, the first a Jew and the second Gentile.
Jesus’ Genealogy (where “son” can be any descendant):
- At creation, Eve had a “date” with Adam from which came the Creator.
- Noah was in d’ark when the lights went out. From Noah came “d’ Light” of d’ World.
- From Abraham, the man of faith, came the Faithful Man called the Son of Man.
- Sarah’s womb was a tomb, and the Messiah came out of it.
- Ruth gleaned, Boaz redeemed, which by the Jews long foretold, their son disesteem’d,
- by the Jews it seemed, the Son, the one, the Redeemer.
and “From ‘Ruth’ came ‘TRUTH, which began with the cross and will end with a throne.” ~ Barbara Grover
Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it, five in the middle is seen; plus the first of all letters (a), the first of all figures (i), take their stations between. In Roman numerals; join all together, and add the (a) and the (i), and then will be seen the name of a king; who fathered the messiah, who reigns for an M and in Roman numerals it’s one thousand the same.
A virgin gave birth to the first and only stable son born to man; the Son of Man born in a stable.
- I AM
“Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me (Moses) to you.’ ” Exodus 3:14
Jesus: “Who do men say that I AM?” Mark 8:27
The high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” Jesus said, “I AM.” Mark 14:61-62
Now when He (Jesus) said to them, “I AM,” they (the soldiers) drew back and fell to the ground. John 18:6
- 1900 BC: First recorded mention of Jerusalem as city of “Rusalimum” in the Egyptian Execration Texts.
- “THE HEBREW LANGUAGE: Hebrew is the first and only “dead” language revived in human history. Scripture prophesied this event in Zephaniah 3:9: “For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, that they all may call on the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one accord.” At the end of the 19th century the Zionist movement brought about the revival of Hebrew as a spoken language. In 1948 Hebrew became the official tongue of the state of Israel. Remarkable! Never before in human history has a dead language been brought back to life after thousands of years. Speaking Hebrew today would be perfectly understood by those living in Jesus’ time. The resurrection of the Hebrew language signaled the resurrection of the nation just as Ezekiel prophesied in his vision of the valley of dry bones. The nation, the land, and the language have all been brought back from the dead just as Jesus was resurrected from the grave. Even a palm tree, thought to be extinct has been found and brought back from extinction.
THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE
“Bible” comes from Latin biblia, meaning “books.”
Humor: What Adam said to Eve when he awoke seeing Eve who had been created from his rib: “Madam I’m Adam.” Spelled the same forward and backwards.
Jesus left the house (heaven) Mark 3:31-32 went down to the boat [Mark 4:1] (the world) in the water (of people) (the tossing and turning sea: Satan causes the sea of people to storm and boil Job 41:31.)
Jesus was asleep [Mark 4:38] (picture of death) in the boat. (Foretelling his death), then when he got up (resurrection) the sea (chaos of restless people) were calmed [Mark 4:39]. Then he went to the other side (back to heaven).
Symbolic Meaning of Biblical Numbers One through Twelve:
One: God / Unity
Two: There is Another / Decided and Done
Three: The plural Godhead
Four: Earthly and Spiritual Physics
Five: Life – Grace
Six: Man without God
Seven: Completion, Perfection, Restoration, Rest, Spiritual Perfection, Divine, Satisfaction
Eight: A New Beginning
Nine: Delivery, Fulfillment, A Trinity of Trinities,
Ten: Foundation, Cornerstone, Ordinal Perfection, Wholeness
Eleven: Imperfection, chaos, opposites, fraternal twins, the twin brothers/towers
Twelve: Governmental Perfection
How can God be “One” meaning “Unity” when the name of God is plural? Gen. 1:1 says Elohim (the plural God) created (with a singular verb). Therefore; God is plural; He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; all in One accord of unity (Hebrew echad) – “One” in character, power, and purpose. Much like an Atom with three Electrons sharing the same core.
The Atom is only an illustration. The orbiting electrons symbolize the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The core they share is their spiritual DNA, their character.
- 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
Another illustration is the embryonic cell which splits into three cells all sharing the same “spiritual” DNA.
Like embryonic cell division, each cell takes on a different role. No one knows why one cell becomes a toenail while another may become a belly button.
The third illustration below is the enigmatic Light Wave.
The color spectrum in the center illustrates the only visible part of light; like Jesus who is the visible manifestation of an invisible God.
- Colossians 1:15 He (Jesus) is the visible image of the invisible God. He is supreme over all creation, CJB
To the left are the smaller waves including the X-rays which can expose the inner part of the body.
- 1 Corinthians 4:5 So don’t pronounce judgment prematurely, before the Lord comes; for he will bring to light what is now hidden in darkness; he will expose the motives of people’s hearts; and then each will receive from God whatever praise he deserves. CJB
On the right of the spectrum is the larger waves which includes micro (heat) waves and radio (communication) waves.
- Deuteronomy 29:24 All nations would say, ‘Why has the Lord done so to this land? What does the heat of this great anger mean?’
- Saying: “When you feel the heat, you see the light.
- Hosea 7:4 “They are all adulterers. Like an oven heated by a baker— He ceases stirring the fire after kneading the dough, Until it is leavened.
In 2344 BC Methuselah died at the age of 969 years old as the longest living man in history. (Gen 5:26) His death is the same year as the World Wide flood leaving the mysterious question: Did Methuselah die because of the flood?
Biblical Money and Measures:
15 coins, the price of sin (Hosea payed 15 silver shekels for a prostitute wife)
30 coins, the price for a servant (Judas received 30 silver shekels, the ransom for a Servant) (Jesus was the servant of man)
50 coins set the foundation (David payed 50 silver shekels for the threshing floor)
Jesus payed with His Life for: mans’ sins, man’s freedom from bondage, and a room in His Father’s house for men. Our cost? FREE “How shall we escape if we neglect such a GREAT salvation…” Hebrews 2:3
Two silver amulets were discovered in 1979 AD in burial chambers dated back to ~587 BC. The date immediately precedes the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketef_Hinnom
These scrolls “preserve the earliest known citations of texts also found in the Hebrew Bible and … the earliest examples of confessional statements concerning Yahweh as “Rebuker of Evil,” found in later incantations and amulets associated with Israel, is evidence that these artifacts were also amulets (used as incantations against evil).
- Psalm 12:7–9: “The utterance of YHWH are pure utterances, silver refined in a furnace in the earth, purified seven times. You O YHWH, will guard them; you will protect him from this generation forever. On every side the wicked prowl, a vileness is exalted among humankind.”
The Gezer Calendar
Written around the time of King Solomon, this special artifact provides insight into the Hebrew calendar discovered in the ancient city of Gezer, 20 miles west of Jerusalem.
Two months harvesting [September (ROSH HASHANA), September or October (YOM KIPPER, Sukkot)] Called “the early harvest”.
Two months sowing [November, December]
Two months late planting [January, February]
One month cutting flax [March] (PASSOVER, FIRST FRUITS) (or)
One month reaping barley [April] (PASSOVER, FIRST FRUITS ) Called “the late harvest”.
One month reaping and measuring [May]
Two months pruning [June, July]
One month summer (fruit) [August] Also the early harvest.
(Written by one named “Abijah”)
Most interesting is the fact that the reaping and harvesting correspond with Jewish feasts which also correspond with the resurrections of the faithful: First Fruits (Jesus’ resurrection), The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashana: the Main Harvest: the dead in Christ and the rapture), and the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur: the Gleanings: those who were martyred during the tribulation).
Additionally, the Wave Offering during First Fruits also correlate to the tombs of certain saints opening after Jesus’ resurrection. He is the singular first, then those saints who came out of the tombs make up a “sheaf” or a “wave offering”.
WHY MUST THE ALTAR IN THE TEMPLE BE MADE OF “UNHEWN (UNCUT)” STONE?
Bricks are man made. Rocks are God made. An uncut Rock is not formed by men but by the hand of God.
The Rock which came from heaven and struck Nebuchadnezzar’s statue on its feet, bringing down all the kingdoms of history before growing into a mountain (a huge kingdom covering the earth) is an UNHEWN Rock, pointing specifically to Jesus.
“The worst arrogance of anyone is to deny a truth just because they can’t understand it.” ~ Barbara Grover
How many books of the Bible is Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon mentioned in?
2 Kings (6) 1 Chronicles (1) 2 Chronicles (4) Ezra (5) Nehemiah (1) Esther (1) Jeremiah (37) Ezekiel (4) Daniel (30)
Nine books for a total of 89 times.
Not only have Jews have kept the Sabbath, but the Sabbath has kept Jews” Achad HaAm
Only Joseph and Daniel are not associated with sin in scripture (with the exception of Jesus).
- The books of the Bible were originally just that: books. Modern chapter divisions were completed around 1227 AD by Stephen Langton.
- Old Testament verse numbers were made by a Jewish rabbi named Nathan in 1448 AD (44 years before Columbus.
- New Testament verse numbers were developed by Robert Estienne (also called Stephanus) in 1551 AD.
What is the meaning of the name “Israel”?
Israel is the name given to Jacob during his wrestling encounter with the Angel of God at the river Jabbok (Genesis 32:28). He dislocated his hip and never walked the same manipulative, crooked way again. Jacob is his worldly name. Israel is his spiritual name.
From the verb ישר (yashar), to be upright, and the word אל (‘el), God.
Archaeology and the Bible
“It is therefore legitimate to say that, in respect of that part of the Old Testament against which the disintegrating criticism of the last half of the nineteenth century was chiefly directed, the evidence of archaeology has been to reestablish its authority and likewise to augment its value by rendering it more intelligible through a fuller knowledge of its background and setting.
Archaeology has not yet said its last word, but the results already achieved confirm what faith would suggest – that the Bible can do nothing but gain from an increase in knowledge.” – Sir Frederic Kenyon, a former director of the British Museum, The Bible and Archaeology (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1940), page 279.
The Greek word for “verily” (as in verily verily I say to you) is “amen”. It means “assuredly”, “truthfully”. It means “Let it be” as in “Let it be (from a human hope) assured Truth (as God has promised).”
It is a echo that calls out to us from the two eternities: eternity past and eternity future for absolute truth.
The Return of Jesus:
- “The harvest is past, The summer is ended, And we are not saved!” Jeremiah 8:20
- “The sinners in Zion are terrified; trembling grips the godless: ‘Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?’” Isaiah 33:14
- How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, Hebrews 2:3
- John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- Luke 13:28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
- Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
THE VINE is a symbol of Israel’s Spiritual privileges. The vine is Jesus and the branches give fruit.
THE FIG-TREE is a symbol of Israel’s National privileges. Israel became a nation in 1948.
THE OLIVE TREE is a symbol of Israel’s Religious privileges. Olive oil is used for anointing(s).
Library of Congress
Cuneiform Accounting Tablets
Created: 2050 BC, Sumeria
The Library of Congress’ oldest written material dates far back, to more than 4,000 years ago (before present). The collection of cuneiform tablets dates back to the reign of Gudea of Lagash, in the 2100s BC. The tablets recorded bills of sale, receipts, ledgers, and other accounting tasks after the building of the Tower of Babel, ~ Eighth Dynasty in Egypt, and the birth of Terah, Abraham’s father in 2121 BC.
The pharaoh “dammed up” the Hebrews and would not let them go. God broke the waters and drowned pharaoh in the sea.
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature he will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit he will reap eternal life.
Korah opened his mouth and cursed authority. God opened the mouth of the earth and it swallowed him up.
After his death Alexander the Great was entombed in honey and his casket was carried from Baghdad to Egypt being viewed along the way.
The Chinese classic called the Hihking tells about “the family of Fuhi,” that was saved from a great flood. This ancient story tells that the entire land was flooded; the mountains and everything, however one family survived in a boat. The Chinese consider this man the father of their civilization. This record indicates that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters were the only people that escaped the great flood. It is claimed, that he and his family were the only people alive on earth, and repopulated the world.
Hebrew “Cush” of Genesis 10:6. may be transliterated “Kish,” which links this passage with well-known extra-biblical Sumerian history. In earliest times, the Hebrew letter vav was evidently interchangeable with yod. This is evidenced by the writer’s explanation in Genesis 3:20 that hevah, Eve, means hayah, the “mother of all living” (Keil and Delitzsch 1975:106). Thus Biblical “Cush” or Kush with a vav, can be equated with Sumerian “Kish” with a yod.
Astronomer Dodwell’s observed shift in the tilt of the earth’s axis dated 2345 BC The great world wide flood is dated 2344 BC. Are these events related?
2344 BC: Methuselah, the oldest living man in history, died at the age of 969. [Gen 5:26] Coinciding with the flood.
In ancient Egypt there were three levels of mummification the family of the deceased could choose from, as well as three different prices: The Royal treatment, the Deluxe treatment, and the Bargain Treatment.
Dating Historical items by carbon dating: Although the equipment used to date radioactive materials has become more sophisticated, basic problems originally discovered by Willard Libby, inventor of the C14 dating method, still pertain. Radiocarbon (C14) dating, calibrated using known dates of Egyptian artifacts, has proved accurate back to only about 2000 BC, according to the discoverer (Libby 1965:ix; for an application to Mesopotamia, see Mallowan 1968:7-8). This has created problems for radio carbon dating older than 4000 BP (Before Present). Dates earlier than that cannot be calibrated since there is no known historical material older than 5000 BP. Dr. Libby himself said: The first shock Dr. Arnold and I had was that our advisors informed us that history extended back only 5000 years. We had initially thought that we would be able to get samples along the curve back to 30,000 years, put the points in, and then our work would be finished . . . We learned rather abruptly that these numbers, these ancient ages are not known; in fact, it is about the time of the first dynasty in Egypt that the last (earliest) historical date of any real certainty has been established (1958:531).
1900 BC: First recorded mention of Jerusalem is the city of “Rusalimum” in the Egyptian Execration Texts. Egypt-Agricultural development of the Faiyum (One main branch of the Nile carries water into the western desert. It feeds into a lake in the middle of a large fertile area known as the ‘Faiyum’.)
In 1492 BC A diplomatic letter was sent to an Egyptian Pharaoh of the 18th Dynasty, addressed from “mat Urusalim,” i.e., “the land of Jerusalem” during the time of Moses. Six years later, Moses killed an Egyptian.
In 1430 BC Hatshepsut’s history was erased, possibly because of the Egyptian shame of the Hebrews crossing the Red Sea and the annihilation of the Egyptian army. She put on a fake beard and ruled as Pharaoh.
1400 BC: The name Jerusalem appears in diplomatic correspondence as “Urusalim” in the Amarna Letters.
Black Obelisk of Shalmaneser III: The second register from the top includes the earliest surviving picture of an Israelite: the Biblical Jehu, king of Israel. It describes how Jehu brought or sent his tribute in or around 841 BC: “The tribute of Jehu, son of Omri: I received from him silver, gold, a golden bowl, a golden vase with pointed bottom, golden tumblers, golden buckets, tin, a staff for a king (and) spears.”
640 to 616 BC: Mamertine prison is built in Rome where Paul of Tarsus reputedly was held before his execution. The traditional derivation of “Tullianum” is from the name of one of the Roman kings Tullus Hostilius or Servius Tullius (the latter is found in Livy, Varro, and also Sallust); there is an alternative theory that it is from the archaic Latin tullius “a jet of water”, in reference to the cistern. The name “Mamertine” is medieval in origin, and may be a reference to a nearby temple of Mars. According to tradition, the prison was constructed around 640-616 BC, by Ancus Marcius. It was originally created as a cistern for a spring in the floor of the second lower level. Prisoners were lowered through an opening into the lower dungeon.
Nov 9, 539 BC: Cyrus rode through the Ishtar Gate while the masses of the city layered a pathway of green twigs welcoming him with their sign of peace and honor, acknowledgment and acceptance that he is king. “In the month of Arahsamna, the third day (29 October), Cyrus entered Babylon, green twigs were spread in front of him – the state of peace was imposed upon the city. Cyrus sent greetings to all Babylon. Gobryas, his governor, installed subgovernors in Babylon.”
—”Babylonian Chronicles on the 17th year of the reign of Nabonidus”. http://www.livius.org/ct-cz/cyrus_I/babylon02.html#17
The above text brings Jesus’ Triumphal Entry’ to mind: greenery spread in front of him welcoming Him with their sign of peace and honor, acknowledgment and acceptance that he is KING.
There is no word for “coincident” or “coincidence” in Hebrew.
Archaeology and the Bible – Quote:
The reader may rest assured that nothing has been found [by archaeologists] to disturb a reasonable faith, and nothing has been discovered which can disprove a single theological doctrine. We no longer trouble ourselves with attempts to ‘harmonize’ religion and science, or to ‘prove’ the Bible. The Bible can stand for itself.” ~ Dr. William F. Albright, eminent archeologist who confirmed the authenticity of the Dead Sea Scrolls following their discovery.
Why did God keep the land desolate prior to the Jews’ return?
Notes from a Rabbi: “Leviticus 26:22 says that when the Jews are in exile, the “Land (of Israel) will be desolate.” This is a hidden blessing, because throughout the millennia – as numerous empires conquered the Land, and countless wars were fought for its possession – astonishingly, no conqueror ever succeeded in permanently settling Israel or causing the desert to bloom. This, of course, made it easier for the Jewish people to return in the 20th century and resettle their homeland – a hidden blessing.”
The Pilate Inscription. It wasn’t long ago when many scholars were questioning the actual existence of a Roman Governor with the name of Pontius Pilate, the procurator who ordered Jesus’ crucifixion. In June 1961 Italian archaeologists led by Dr. Frova were excavating an ancient Roman amphitheatre near Caesarea-on-the-Sea (Maritima) and uncovered this interesting limestone block. On the worn face is a monumental inscription which is part of a larger dedication to Tiberius Caesar which clearly says that it was from “Pontius Pilate, Prefect of Judea.”
Sennacherib’s Hexagonal Prism. This amazing discovery excavated in Nineveh in the 1830 records the Assyrian king Sennacherib’s 8th campaign, which includes his siege of Jerusalem during the reign of “Hezekiah the Judahite” in 701 BC. There are 500 lines of writing in the Akkadian language on this magnificent clay prism.
The bust of the Syrian king Antiochus IV Ephiphenes: The foreshadow of the Antichrist to come:
Called “The mad man”, he was intent on making Jerusalem a graveyard of Jews.
The middle chapter of the Bible in Psalm 117, is also the shortest chapter in the Bible.
A reason to study Jewish feasts: Christ died on Passover, His burial was on the feast of unleavened bread. He rose as the First Fruits of all who will be resurrected: ” But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep,” The Holy Spirit was given on Pentecost (trumping the law with love). These are four spring Jewish holidays (Jesus’ first advent).
Coming are the fall holidays (His return-second advent):
The Feast of Trumpets (the trumpets are blown 100 times, Paul says at the “last trumpet” there will be the rapture), the Day of Atonement (The return of Christ), and the Feast of Tabernacles (When God dwells with man).
There are several passages which say Jesus will come as the spring (former) and autumn (latter) rains: the spring and autumn feasts.
Since the first four happened on the exact days of the Jewish feasts, there is no reason to believe the last three could not also happen on the exact days of the Jewish feasts.
“Sin” in the book of Romans is not a verb, but a noun. It refers to man’s Adamic sin nature.
Therefore; we are not sinners because we sin; rather, we sin because we are sinners.
Why does the entire world have a seven day week? Why not ten days? Or why not four days? The answer is in the proof of the existence of our Creator: In six days He made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested. Since the beginning mankind has had a seven day week.
The shortest verse in the Bible: John 11:35 (“Jesus wept.”) The longest? Esther 8:9.
The longest book in the Bible is Psalms (which also has the longest chapter – Psalm 119) while the shortest chapter is 2 John.
Quote: “The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
The triumphal entry: Jesus rides into Jerusalem while the people throw branches in his path. The Pharisees saw the cultural significance of this and were incensed.
Nov 9, 539 BC Cyrus rode through the Ishtar Gate while the masses of the city layered a pathway of green twigs welcoming him with their sign of peace and honor, acknowledgment and acceptance that he is king. “In the month of Arahsamna, the third day (29 October), Cyrus entered Babylon (the Jews were taken as captives in Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar in 587 BC), green twigs were spread in front of him – the state of peace was imposed upon the city. Cyrus sent greetings to all Babylon. Gobryas, his governor, installed subgovernors in Babylon.”
—”Babylonian Chronicles on the 17th year of the reign of Nabonidus”. http://www.livius.org/ct-cz/cyrus_I/babylon02.html#17
After entering the city Cyrus freed the Jewish captives.
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
THE VINE is a symbol of Israel’s Spiritual privileges. The vine is Jesus and the branches give fruit.
THE FIG-TREE is a symbol of Israel’s National privileges. Israel became a nation in 1948.
THE OLIVE TREE is a symbol of Israel’s Religious privileges. Olive oil is used for the anointing of kings and priests.
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
- Note: the Hebrew meaning of “Ark” is “coffin”.
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
Did you know? A dove will never land on anything unclean – unlike the raven (also known as a crow) which feeds on carrion (dead animals). Noah first let the raven scour the landscape where dead bodies were floating…then the dove to see if there was dry land.
The dove brought back the olive branch, the symbol of peace. An olive branch from the land. The dove is symbolic of the Holy Spirit which lit on Jesus at His baptism.
The unclean raven is picturesque of false prophets and the antichrist.
- Matthew 7:15
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are raven-ous wolves.
The coming antichrist will feed on sheep like a carrion.
- Zechariah 11:16
For indeed I will raise up a (raven-ous) shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces.
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
There is no “my truth” or “your truth” or “our truth”. There is only God’s truth, Jesus, who is “the Truth”.
Anything else is a lie wrapped in a package of self deception and labeled the worse lie of all – “self truth”.