Your mission, should You decide to accept it, is to be born to a virgin in the middle of vicious, political turmoil. Your biggest enemies will be your own brothers, the religious leaders, and one of your friends. They will blackmail the Roman Legate into putting you on the cross after beating You from the top of your head to the bottom of your foot. You will be mocked, paraded, spit on, have a crown of thorns pushed into your head, and have the hairs of your beard pulled out. Then you will be crucified on a cross. After six excruciating hours of pain you will die but don’t worry, I, Your Father, the Spirit, and with Your own power you will be raised from the bars of death.
This tape will destroy itself after its mission has been accomplished.
The Suffering, Praise, and Posterity of the Messiah
A Psalm of Prophecy concerning the crucifixion.
To the Chief Musician. Set to “The Deer of the Dawn” (Heb. Aijeleth Hashahar) A Psalm of David.
Psalm 22:1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: 2 Cor 5:21 Forsaken because of sins of others.
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Matt 27:45 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
Psalm 22:2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Matt 27:45 Darkness upon Calvary for three hours
Psalm 22:3 But You are holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
Psalm 22:4 Our fathers trusted in You; They trusted, and You delivered them.
Psalm 22:5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
Psalm 22:6 But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
- Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
- Jonah 4:6 And the Lord God prepared a plant (Jesus as the life giver and healer) and made it come up over Jonah (as the nation Israel), that it might be shade for his (the nation’s) head to deliver him from his misery. So Jonah (as the people) was very grateful for the plant (healing). 7 But as morning dawned the next day God prepared a worm (the despised Jesus), and it (the hatred against him) so damaged the plant (from the beating and crucifixion) that it withered (died). 8 And it happened, when the sun (Son) arose, that God prepared a vehement east wind (A breath of Wrath); and the sun (Son) beat on Jonah’s (the nation’s) head, so that he (the nation) grew faint (in affliction). Then he wished death for himself, and said, “It is better for me to die than to live.”
- But a shoot shall grow out of the stump of Jesse, A twig shall sprout from his stock. The spirit of the LORD shall alight upon him: A spirit of wisdom and insight, A spirit of counsel and valor, A spirit of devotion and reverence for the LORD He shall sense the truth by his reverence for the LORD: He shall not judge by what his eyes behold, Nor decide by what his ears perceive. Thus he shall judge the poor with equity And decide with justice for the lowly of the land. He shall strike down a land with the rod of his mouth And slay the wicked with the breath of his lips (the eastern wind). Justice shall be the girdle of his loins, And faithfulness the girdle of his waist (Isaiah 11:1-5).
Psalm 22:7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip (Show contempt with their mouth), they shake the head, saying,
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Matt 27:39-44 “They shoot out the lip and shake the head”
- Matt 27:39-44 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads 40 and saying, “You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.” 41 Likewise the chief priests also, mocking with the scribes and elders, said, 42 “He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him. 43 He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’” 44 Even the robbers who were crucified with Him reviled Him with the same thing.
Psalm 22:8 “He trusted (praised) in the Lord, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Matt 27:43 “He trusted in God, let Him deliver Him“
- Matthew 27:43 (The Pharisees mocking Jesus on the cross) “He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’ ”
Psalm 22:9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
A question to ponder: When was Jesus aware of His deity? See verse 10.
The verse speaks specifically of the Father and the Son.
Psalm 22:10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb You have been My God.
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: Luke 2:7 Born the Savior
Psalm 22:11 Be not far from Me, For trouble is near; For there is none to help.
The disciples were the sheep of the Good Shepherd, Jesus. They abandoned Him.
- Zechariah 13:7 [The Shepherd Savior] “Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, Against the Man who is My Companion,” Says the Lord of hosts. “Strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered; Then I will turn My hand against the little ones.
- Mark 14:27 [Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial] Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered.’
Psalm 22:12 Many bulls (leaders) have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
►The bulls of Bashan are the Roman leaders of strength. Bashan was known for its giants.
►The bull, or oxen is a symbol of strength. God’s name, El, is built upon two Hebrew letters meaning “ox” and “yoke” with the understanding that God yokes Himself to men in order to carry man’s burdens.
- Matthew 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Jesus was claiming to be “El” or “God”.)
Psalm 22:13 They gape at Me with their mouths (Lit. have opened their mouths at Me),
Like a raging and roaring lion.
- Luke 23:35-39 And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.” 36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself.” 39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
Psalm 22:14 I am poured out like water,
► Notes on “Poured Out”
- Isaiah 53:12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Note: His soul was poured out unto death, the anointed Son of God pressed like an olive in the olive press until the precious oil ran into the cistern. Pressed by the millstone that presses the olive. Satan’s heart is described to be as hard as a millstone, even the lower millstone.
Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsame, Strong’s G1068 Gethsemane = “an oil press”
@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert: John 19:34 His blood poured out when they pierced His side
- Matthew 26:37-38 He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. 38 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”
- Luke 22:44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Hematidrosis is a condition in which capillary blood vessels that feed the sweat glands rupture, causing them to exude blood, occurring under conditions of extreme physical or emotional stress. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematidrosis
Dermatological research notes the presence of hematidrosis in people awaiting execution.
Jerajani, H. R.; Jaju, Bhagyashri; Phiske, M. M.; Lade, Nitin (2009). “Hematohidrosis – A rare clinical phenomenon”. Indian Journal of Dermatology. 54 (3): 290–2. doi:10.4103/0019-5154.55645. PMC 2810702. PMID 20161867.
Leonardo da Vinci described a soldier who sweated blood before battle. The phenomenon has also been observed in individuals in fear for their lives; a case occurred during the London blitz, and a case of fear of a storm while sailing, etc
The Garden of Gethsemane is located on “Mount Olives”, where olives are pressed.
Olive oil is used for anointing kings and priests and others in reference to their service to God.
►Notes on “Water“
- 2 Samuel 14:14 For we will surely die and become like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. Yet God does not take away a life; but He devises means, so that His banished ones are not expelled (cast out) from Him.
Note: He, who knew no sin, became sin for us. He, the Living Water, was poured out like water giving everything He had so that we might live.
And all My bones are out of joint;
►@Prophecy Fulfillment Alert:
►“We know the greatest, the most intolerable pain that the human body can endure, is that arises from a bone out of its place, or dislocated joint. Now when the Lord was raised up upon the cross, and his sacred body hung in the air from the nails, all the joints began to give, so that the bones were parted the one from the other so visibly that, in very truth (as David had prophesied) they might tell all his bones, and thus, throughout the whole body, he endured acute torture. Whilst our Lord suffered these torments, his enemies, who had so earnestly desired to see him crucified, far from pitying him, were filled with delight, as though celebrating a victory.” ~ Fra Thome de Jesu.
The cross was a rack, torturing the victim in every way possible.
My heart is like wax;
The heart is the core of the being: whether it’s where the thoughts are, the emotions, or the integrity of character, etc.
Jesus, the Jewish Messiah, His heart was literally broken. He wept for Jerusalem, and in the end, they pierced His heart through with a Roman spear.
One of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water.
It has melted within Me. (Lit. in the midst of My bowels)
- Luke 2:33 And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him (the baby Jesus). 34 Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, “Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against 35 (yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”
Psalm 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
Note: When God created man, He made him of clay, the dirt of the ground.
When Jesus became a man, He took on a body of clay.
God is the potter, molds men into what He wants him to be.
It pleased the Father to break His Son into a “potsherd”. Jesus’ body was broken.
- Isaiah 64:8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.
- Zechariah 11:13 And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—that princely price they set on me (Jesus, who was betrayed for thirty pieces of silver). So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord for the potter.
Note: Jesus was a “sincere” vessel, pure and undefiled.
The meaning of “Sincere”: “That which is not falsified.” Meaning “free from pretense or falsehood” in English from 1530s.
Watkins has it as originally “of one growth” (i.e. “not hybrid, unmixed”)
The trinity is one, not hybrid, unmixed.
If a water pot had a hole and plugged with wax to hide the defect, it was not “sincere”. It was a hybrid and sold with deceit. Under the pressure of heat, the wax melts and the water pours out. Sine=Without, Cere=Wax.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
And My tongue clings to My jaws (the roof of my mouth);
- John 19:28 [It Is Finished] After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”
You have brought Me to the dust of death.
Psalm 22:16 For dogs (gentiles) have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced My hands and My feet;
- John 19:31 [Jesus’ Side Is Pierced] Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
- John 19:34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
- John 19:37 And again another Scripture says, “They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”
Psalm 22:17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
Psalm 22:18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.
- John 19:24 They said therefore among themselves, “Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be,” that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says: “They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.” Therefore the soldiers did these things.
Psalm 22:19 But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
Psalm 22:20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My precious life (Lit. My only one) from the power of the dog (gentile).
Psalm 22:21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth and from the (piercing) horns (powers) of the wild (untamed) oxen (leaders)!
You have answered Me.
Psalm 22:22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
Psalm 22:23 You who fear the Lord, praise Him!
All you descendants (Lit. seed) of Jacob (the Jews, the 12 tribes and all their children), glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
Psalm 22:24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.
Psalm 22:25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
Jesus made a vow before creation He would sacrifice Himself as a slain Lamb to redeem men from the captivity of their sin which chained them to Satan. John the baptizer declared “Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”
- Jonah 2:9 But I will sacrifice to You, With the voice (song) of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.”
- Revelation 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Psalm 22:26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
Let your heart live forever!
Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations (Gentiles)
Shall worship before You (Him).
- Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
- Zechariah 14:20 In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
Psalm 22:28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s,
And He rules over the nations.
Psalm 2:6 “Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion.” 7 “I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ” 10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
Psalm 22:29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to the dust (Death)
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive. (The Antichrist?)
- Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.
- Romans 14:11 For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”