Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Greek.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Revelation 21 THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH WHICH ARE TO COME
The Blue Arrow: You Are Here:
Rev 1:19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. THE FUTURE. A New Heavens and a New Earth:
What should I learn from this chapter?
- The New Jerusalem comes after the New Heavens and the New Earth
- no death, no sorrow, no crying
- The old will not be remembered
- Revelation 21 describes life under God’s rule and with God’s provisions: Revelation uses a plethora of expressions to describe this Provider King.
All Things Made New
Revelation 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
- No more sea. The earth is as it was created in Genesis, as a terrarium surrounded by an orb of ice. A mist came up from the caverns underneath the ground through the crust of the earth which watered the earth. The seas did not appear until the orb of ice dropped onto the earth as rain causing the Great World Wide flood.
Revelation 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
- The New Jerusalem is holy, coming out of heaven. She is described as a bride. She has been 3D printed by the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. She is a puzzle made up of all of God’s puzzle pieces.
God calls the Jews (with Gentile exceptions) His “wife” in the old covenant. In the new covenant the Gentiles (with Jewish exceptions) are called “the bride of Christ”.
Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
Revelation 21:4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Revelation 21:5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
- Jesus is called the Word of God and Faithful and True.
- John 1:1 The Eternal Word – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- John 1:14 The Word Becomes Flesh – And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- Revelation 19:11 Christ on a White Horse 11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
- Revelation 19:13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
Revelation 21:6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
- Jesus to the Samaritan woman at the well:
- John 4:14 But whoever drinks of the water that I (Jesus) shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
- John 7:38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
Revelation 21:7 He who overcomes (I shall give him these things) shall inherit all things, and I (the Alpha and Omega) will be his (the overcomer’s) God and he shall be my son.
Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. (The Great White Throne Judgment)
- The new government is throwing out the old government ruled by the Antichrist. The old global immoral government that ruled from Jerusalem is replaced by a global moral government ruled by Jesus.
- In Revelation Chapter 17 Jerusalem, the harlot, has Babylon written on her forehead from her foundation when Jerusalem was destroyed and taken to Babylon. The spirit of Babylon was globalism; a one world licentious religion, language, monetary system, and government.
- When Jesus takes over, He will rule with a rod of iron, in absolute authority.
The New Jerusalem
Revelation 21:9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”
Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the (holy city) holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
- This holy city is called the bride of the lamb.
Revelation 21:11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
Revelation 21:12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
- The twelve names of the twelve tribes of Israel, all Jewish.
Revelation 21:13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
Revelation 21:14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the [twelve names] names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
- It has the twelve names of the twelve Jewish apostles/disciples. All Jewish. The Jewish Torah is the foundation of the Old Covenant from which was built the New Covenant.
Revelation 21:15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.
Revelation 21:16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs (Lit. stadia, about 1,380 miles in all). Its length, breadth, and height are equal.
- The city is a square box.
Revelation 21:17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.
- The square root of 144 is 12 (tribes and disciples)
Revelation 21:18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
Revelation 21:19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
Revelation 21:20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
- Isaiah 54:11 “O you afflicted one,
Tossed with tempest, and not comforted,
Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems,
And lay your foundations with sapphires.
- Exodus 28:21 And the stones shall have the names of the sons of Israel, twelve according to their names, like the engravings of a signet, each one with its own name; they shall be according to the twelve tribes.
- Exodus 39:14 There were twelve stones according to the names of the sons of Israel: according to their names, engraved like a signet, each one with its own name according to the twelve tribes.
- The twelve tribes are Jewish.
Revelation 21:21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
The Glory of the New Jerusalem
Revelation 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
- The new Jerusalem does NOT have a temple.
Revelation 21:23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the (very) glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
Revelation 21:24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor (of the nations to Him) into it.
Revelation 21:25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).
- There is no need for safety. The glory of God is accessible to everyone who is clean.
Revelation 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into (that they may enter in) it.
Revelation 21:27 But there shall by no means enter it anything (profane, nor one who causes) that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- Isaiah 49:16a See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;