Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
From: A Projection of Events during the Tribulation and the Return of Jesus.
See: Revelation 16
See: Revelation 9
Sixth Trumpet: The Angels from the Euphrates
Revelation 9:13 Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, 14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”
Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up
Revelation 16:12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared.
- New York Times, cont.
- News article: Adilla Finchaan (above), 50, checks her land in Al Latifiyah, Iraq, July 9, 2009. A two-year drought and dams in Syria and Turkey have helped shrink the Euphrates River. (Hadi Mizban/AP)
- Strangled by the water policies of its neighbors, Turkey and Syria, a two-year drought and years of misuse by Iraq and its farmers, the Euphrates River is significantly smaller than it was just a few years ago, and some officials worry that it could soon be half of what it is now.
- News article: A boy rested on the mud in a dried-up section of the Euphrates River near Jubaish, Iraq, in June.
- “The Euphrates is drying up. Strangled by the water policies of Iraq’s neighbors, Turkey and Syria; a two-year drought; and years of misuse by Iraq and its farmers, the river is significantly smaller than it was just a few years ago. Some officials worry that it could soon be half of what it is now.
- The shrinking of the Euphrates, a river so crucial to the birth of civilization that the Book of Revelation prophesied its drying up as a sign of the end times, has decimated farms along its banks, has left fishermen impoverished and has depleted riverside towns as farmers flee to the cities looking for work.”
- Iraq Suffers as the Euphrates River Dwindles Moises Saman for The New York Times
- By CAMPBELL ROBERTSON
- Published: July 13, 2009