Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
The Happiness of Those Whose Help Is the Lord
Psalm 146:1 Praise (Heb. Hallelujah) the Lord (yâ)!
Praise the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ), O my soul!
Psalm 146:2 While I live I will praise the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ);
I will sing praises to my God (‘ĕlōhîm) while I have my being.
Psalm 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes,
Nor in a son of man (A human being), in whom there is no help (Salvation).
- Jesus’ name means: Help, salvation, deliverance.
Psalm 146:4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth;
In that very day (The day of death) his plans perish.
- Any “son of man” whose name does not mean “salvation” will die in corruption (returning to the earth).
- When Jesus was crucified, his body saw no corruption (decay).
- Psalm 16:10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
- Do not put your trust in anyone but Jesus. Everyone else decays in the grave.
Psalm 146:5 Happy is he who has the God (‘ēl) of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) his God (‘ĕlōhîm),
- Happy is because he will not be disappointed.
Psalm 146:6 Who made heaven and earth,
The sea, and all that is in them;
Who keeps truth forever,
- Jesus made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them.
- See Topic: Tthe Creator
Psalm 146:7 Who executes justice for the oppressed,
Who gives food to the hungry.
The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) gives freedom to the prisoners.
- A prisoner is:
- An addict to drugs, sex, alcohol
- A sinner
Psalm 146:8 The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) opens the eyes of the blind;
The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) raises those who are bowed down;
The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) loves the righteous.
- The Blind:
- Isaiah 42:18 “Hear, you deaf; and look, you blind, that you may see.
- Isaiah 59:10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes; We stumble at noonday as at twilight; We are as dead men in desolate places.
- Matthew 15:14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”
- Those who are bowed down:
- Luke 13:11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” 13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
- Luke 13:16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?”
- Psalm 3:3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
- Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Psalm 146:9 The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) watches over the strangers;
He relieves the fatherless and widow;
But the way of the wicked He turns (Lit. makes crooked) upside down.
Psalm 146:10 The Lord (Yᵊhōvâ) shall reign forever—
Your God (‘ĕlōhîm) (Jesus), O Zion, to all generations.
- Jesus will reign as King from Jerusalem during His 1,000 year reign in Jerusalem when He returns to earth from heaven. He will come down like the rain in a time of drought.
Praise the Lord (yâ)!