Topic: The Rainbow
- A “bow” is an arch, literally, an archer. The “bow” represents a covenant.
The Antichrist is announced when he rides into the tribulation as an archer on a white horse carrying “a bow” with arrows. He is the mimic Messiah. His “bow” is the treaty/covenant he makes with the nation Israel for seven years which he will break in the middle of his seven years (after 3-1/2 years).
- “rain” is literally the faithful teacher, the Messiah. H4175 – môrê
See: Jesus as the rain.
- Joel 2:23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain (H4175 – môrê) faithfully, And He will cause the rain (the Messiah) to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first.
- Hosea 6:3 Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He (the Messiah) will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
- Ezekiel 1:28 Like the appearance of a rainbow (rain=Messiah, bow=Covenant) in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.
- Revelation 10:1 [The Mighty Angel with the Little Book] I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head (a rainbow of many colors), his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.
- Ezekiel 1:28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. [Ezekiel Sent to Rebellious Israel] So when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of One speaking.
- The Messiah’s Covenant covers mankind with protection like Joseph’s coat of many colors. The coat was covered in blood, but Joseph lived.