Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- Why Satan is compared to a serpent.
- How Satan is always described in scripture as a reptile.
- Satan is especially described as a reptilian sea monster because the sea is compared to a sea of people.
- Leviathan is a sea monster.
- In Genesis, Satan is a serpent, by the time the reader gets to the book of Revelation, Satan is a monster who comes out of the sea.
- The beginning and the end are all the same to God who lives in the present eternally.
The Temptation and Fall of Man
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more cunning (crafty, manipulative) than any beast of the field which the Lord (Yĕhovah) God (Elohiym) had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God (Elohiym) indeed said (Did He really really say?), ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
- The Many Faces of the Serpent, Satan
- Satan is Known As: A Dragon, Leviathan, Sea Monster, Crocodile, Rahab, Serpent, and the Beast from the Sea …
- Or any reptile that coils or twists (twisting truth or reality).
- According to Job 41, his heart is as hard as stone.
For more information see: Satan as the Leviathan
- The explanation of the heads, crowns, and horns.
– – – – –
Genesis 3:2-3 And the woman said to (answered) the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God (Elohiym) has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”
- The first commandment is in Genesis, the first book of the Bible “Do NOT eat of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden”. The last commandment is in Revelation, the last book of the Bible, “Do NOT take the mark of the beast” Rev 14:11.
- We know Adam and Eve sinned and ate the fruit, but the story wasn’t over.
- 1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
Genesis 3:4-5 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God (Elohiym) knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God (Elohiym), knowing good and evil.”
Genesis 3:6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
Genesis 3:7a Then the eyes of both of them were opened,
Genesis 3:7b and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the Lord (Yĕhovah) God (Elohiym) walking in the garden in the cool (literally: Spirit) of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
- Genesis begins with man’s sin. Revelation ends with the “man of sin”.
- I John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
- II Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
Genesis 3:9 Then the Lord (Yĕhovah) God (Elohiym) called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”
Genesis 3:10 So he (Adam) said, “I heard Your (God’s) voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
Genesis 3:11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked?
Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”
Genesis 3:12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
Genesis 3:13 And the Lord (Yĕhovah) God (Elohiym) said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
- Deception is made from lies, then, now, and always. Satan is the father of lies.