Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
What should I learn from this chapter?
- The war of the end times
Prayer to Frustrate Conspiracy Against Israel
A Song. A Psalm of Asaph.
Psalm 83:1 Do not keep silent, O God!
Do not hold Your peace,
And do not be still, O God!
Psalm 83:2 For behold, Your enemies make a tumult (uproar);
And those who hate You have lifted up their head (Exalted themselves).
Psalm 83:3 They have taken crafty counsel against Your people,
And consulted together against Your sheltered ones.
- Satan the serpent, in the Garden of Eden was referred to as being “craftier” than all the other animals.
Psalm 83:4 They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation,
That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.”
- There is a conspiracy to destroy the entire Jewish race, similar to Hitler.
Psalm 83:5 For they have consulted together with one consent (Lit. heart)(are of one mind);
They form a confederacy (Lit. cut a covenant) against You:
- Revelation 17:13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast.
- Revelation 17:17 For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast (Antichrist), until the words of God are fulfilled.
Psalm 83:6 The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagrites;
|Enemies of Zion Psalm 83|
|6||Amalek (Amalekites) (Agag) (Gog Ezekiel 38)|
Psalm 83:7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
Psalm 83:8 Assyria also has joined with them;
They have helped the children of Lot (Moabites). Selah
- A total of ten nations, the same number as the kings who give their power to the beast in Revelation.
- Revelation 17:12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast (Antichrist indwelt by Satan).
- Note: the battle of Gog and Magog are also are a coalition of ten.
- Click here To See Bible: Ezekiel chapter 38. (A pop up appears with a link at the top. Click on the link and the document will appear.)
Psalm 83:9 Deal with them as with Midian, As with Sisera (received a tent peg through his temple), As with Jabin at the Brook Kishon,
- Judges 5:26 She (Jael) stretched her hand to the tent peg, Her right hand to the workmen’s hammer; She pounded Sisera, she pierced his head, She split and struck through his temple.
- Judges 4:24 And the hand of the children of Israel grew stronger and stronger against Jabin king of Canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin king of Canaan.
Psalm 83:10 Who perished at En Dor,
Who became as refuse on the earth.
Psalm 83:11 Make their nobles like Oreb and like Zeeb,
Yes, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
- Judges 7:25 And they captured two princes of the Midianites, Oreb and Zeeb. They killed Oreb at the rock of Oreb, and Zeeb they killed at the winepress of Zeeb. They pursued Midian and brought the heads of Oreb and Zeeb to Gideon on the other side of the Jordan.
- Judges 8:12 When Zebah and Zalmunna fled, he pursued them; and he took the two kings of Midian, Zebah and Zalmunna, and routed the whole army.
Psalm 83:12 Who said, “Let us take for ourselves
The pastures of God for a possession.”
Psalm 83:13 O my God, make them like the whirling dust,
Like the chaff before the wind!
Psalm 83:14 As the fire burns the woods,
And as the flame sets the mountains on fire,
Psalm 83:15 So pursue them with Your tempest,
And frighten them with Your storm.
Psalm 83:16 Fill their faces with shame,
That they may seek Your name, O Lord.
Psalm 83:17 Let them be confounded (ashamed) and dismayed forever;
Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
Psalm 83:18 That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord,
Are the Most High over all the earth.
- Note: The meaning of the name Agag is “High”. Jesus’ kingdom will be “higher than high” (higher than Agag’s kingdom) Agag was the king of the Amalakites. (See chart above for Amalek #6)
- The name Gog and Agag are interchangeable.
- The Greek Septuagint (translated from Hebrew to Greek by the Jews) reads “Gog” instead of “Agag” in Numbers 24:7.
- Click here to See notes in Numbers 24:7. (A pop up appears with a link at the top. Click on the link and the document will appear.)