Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Elihu acts as the Holy Spirit giving the correct representation of God. See Job 36
Elihu Proclaims God’s Majesty
God’s Works and Wisdom
Job 37:1 “At this also my heart trembles,
And leaps from its place.
Job 37:2 Hear attentively the thunder of His voice,
And the rumbling that comes from His mouth.
- The thunder, rumbling and lightning signals the presence of a God who is beyond comprehension. It is also used at the end of seals in Revelation, at the end of trumpets in Revelations, and at the end of bowls in Revelations which are all the same event: The return of Jesus. The seals, trumpets and bowls are three different vantage points describing events during the tribulation from three different points of view. It takes two or more witnesses to confirm a truth.
Job 37:3 He sends it forth under the whole heaven,
His lightning (Or light) to the ends of the earth.
Job 37:4 After it a voice roars;
He thunders with His majestic voice,
And He does not restrain them when His voice is heard.
Job 37:5 God thunders marvelously with His voice;
He does great things which we cannot comprehend.
- Could the Waltons have understood the Internet?
- Could the pioneers have traveled across the frontier with television sets?
- Explain a hologram to a fish.
- Layout the progression of time, what is it made of that it cannot be stopped? How does it make men age?
- What is gravity made of that it hangs the universe together?
- Has anyone weighed the mass of a man’s spirit?
Job 37:6 For He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’;
Likewise to the gentle rain (Lit. shower of rain) and the heavy rain of His strength.
- The gentle rain brings a harvest of believers (resurrections)
- The heavy rain is the resurrection of those who refuse the blessings of God, the wheat and the tares and the judgement accordingly.
Job 37:7 He seals the hand of every man, that all men may know His work.
- God seals men with the Holy Spirit so that when man does God’s work other men will recognize it comes from God.
Job 37:8 The beasts go into dens, and remain in their lairs.
- Beasts are the leaders of nations.
Job 37:9 From the chamber of the south comes the whirlwind,
And cold from the scattering winds of the north.
- Whirlwinds are symbolic of approaching armies coming from the south.
- Cold winds of the north are “cold” relationships with those nations.
Job 37:10 By the breath of God ice is given,
And the broad waters are frozen.
- Symbolically waters of people are set in their place.
Job 37:11 Also with moisture He saturates the thick clouds;
He scatters His bright clouds (clouds of light).
- Thick clouds are symbolic of hosts of angels.
- Jesus is compared to Rain which translated as “teacher”
- Deuteronomy 32:2 Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
- The “faithful rain” is the Messiah:
- Joel 2:23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. (The former and the latter rain is Jesus’ first coming to earth and His second coming)
- Hosea 6:3 Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
- When the clouds of light are scattered they create a rainbow.
- We know Jesus is like the Rain.
- A “bow” is a covenant, an oath, a treaty. It is a covenant of death such that he who breaks his oath will be pursued unto death.
- The Antichrist enters the tribulation with a “bow”, a peace treaty with Israel and in the middle of the tribulation he breaks it and betrays the Jews.
- Man’s “Kinsman Redeemer”, Jesus, returns at the end of the tribulation to take vengeance on the Antichrist and saves the Jews from total annihilation.
Job 37:12 And they swirl about, being turned by His guidance,
That they may do whatever He commands them
On the face of the whole earth (Lit. the world of the earth).
- Matthew 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
Job 37:13 He causes it to come, Whether for correction (Lit. a rod), Or for His land, Or for mercy.
Job 37:14 “Listen to this, O Job;
Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.
Job 37:15 Do you know when God dispatches (places) them,
And causes the light of His cloud to shine?
Job 37:16 Do you know how the clouds are balanced,
Those wondrous works of Him who is perfect in knowledge?
Job 37:17 Why are your garments hot,
When He quiets the earth by the south wind?
Job 37:18 With Him, have you spread out the skies,
Strong as a cast metal mirror?
Job 37:19 “Teach us what we should say to Him,
For we can prepare nothing because of the darkness.
- The darkness is the “hidden things” unseen; the mysteries of God, the secrets and the unknown future.
Job 37:20 Should He be told that I wish to speak?
If a man were to speak, surely he would be swallowed up.
Job 37:21 Even now men cannot look at the light when it is bright in the skies,
When the wind has passed and cleared them.
Job 37:22 He comes from the north as golden splendor;
With God is awesome majesty.
- North is compared to Truth: True North which never changes. Regardless of how the compass and the culture changes True North will always be True North because it is Reality from God’s point of view, not man’s.
Job 37:23 As for the Almighty, we cannot find Him;
He is excellent in power,
In judgment and abundant justice;
He does not oppress.
- Judgment and justice are two different words for the same dog.
Job 37:24 Therefore men fear Him;
He shows no partiality to any who are wise of heart.”
|Job has no family||Jesus has no family (being of God)|
|Job was rejected by his wife||Jesus was rejected by His brothers|
|Job has no possessions||Jesus has no possessions|
|Job is a man of suffering||Jesus is a man of suffering|
|Job was mocked||Jesus was mocked|
|Job was elevated and made low||Jesus was elevated and made low|
|Satan wanted to destroy Job||Satan wanted to destroy Jesus|
|Job spoke the words of God||Jesus spoke the words of the Father|
|Satan tried to incite God against Job||Satan tried to incite Jesus against the Father|
|Job was righteous and blameless||Jesus was righteous and blameless|
|Job’s accusers were legalistic||Jesus’ accusers were legalistic|
|Job saved his friends||Jesus saved men|
|God accepted his friends in the place of Job||God accepted men in the place of Jesus|