Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Hosea 6:1 Come, and let us return to the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ);
For He has torn (the tribulation), but He will heal us (at His return);
He has stricken (the tribulation), but He will bind (Bandage) us up (at His return).
Hosea 6:2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.
According to Jewish sages, the timeline for mankind is 7,000 years to match the 7 days of creation in which man toils for 6,000 years and then rests for 1,000 years. If so, according to biblical genealogies, Adam and Ever were created 4,000 BC, and then the Jews were dispersed for ~2,000 years after the crucifixion, which totals 6,000 years. This would mean the tribulation is right around the corner and then Jesus returns to earth to set up his 1,000 year millennium year reign on earth. The Jews will rule in Jerusalem during the millennium… ”on the third ‘day’”.
Hosea 6:3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ).
His going forth is established as the morning;
- In Isaiah 21:12 the morning is compared to the rapture.
- The rain is associated with 1) the appearance of the Messiah 2) the harvest (the resurrections) and 3) the judgments.
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
The Hebrew word for rain in scripture literally means Teacher and the faithful rain refers to the Messiah. He comes from heaven to the earth.
- Joel 2:23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first.
- The former and latter rain is Jesus’ first and second appearance on earth.
- H4175 – môrê 1: early rain 2: teacher (first advent)
- H1653 – gešem 1. Latter rain 2: violent shower (second advent for judgment)
- H6666 – ṣᵊḏāqâ faithful, righteous, to justify, to vindicate. (second advent coming with the righteous)
- Deuteronomy 32:2 Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
- Deu 11:14 ‘then I will give you the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil.
- Psa 72:6 He shall come down (from heaven) like rain upon the grass before mowing, Like showers that water the earth.
- James 5:7 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.
- Ezra 10:9 (Great White Throne Judgment?)
So all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered at Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the twentieth of the month; and all the people sat in the open square of the house of God, trembling because of this matter and because of heavy rain.
Impenitence of Israel and Judah