Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
Symbolism and its meanings:
- Rain is symbolic of the Messiah who comes down from heaven
- For the righteous He comes as a teacher
- For the unrighteous He comes in vengeance and judgments
- The Morning is symbolic of the Rapture (See Isaiah chapter 21)
- The Harvest is symbolic of God’s Harvest of the resurrected souls of the righteous
- Weeds are symbolic of the unrighteous in God’s harvest; those who will be thrown in the fire
- “Hew/Hewn” is man made, not God made
Hosea 6:1 Come, and let us return to the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ);
For He has torn (the tribulation), but He will heal us (at His return);
He has stricken (the tribulation), but He will bind (Bandage) us up (at His return).
Hosea 6:2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.
Hosea 6:3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord (Yᵊhōvâ).
His going forth is established as the morning;
- In Isaiah 21:12 the morning is compared to the rapture.
- The rain is associated with 1) the appearance of the Messiah 2) the harvest (the resurrections) and 3) the judgments.
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
The Hebrew word for rain in scripture literally means Teacher and the faithful rain refers to the Messiah. He comes from heaven to the earth.
Impenitence of Israel and Judah
Hosea 6:4 “O Ephraim, what shall I do to you?
O Judah, what shall I do to you?
For your faithfulness is like a morning cloud,
And like the early dew it goes away.
- They ceased being faithful, as quickly as dew evaporates.
- God mourns for them.
Hosea 6:5 Therefore I have hewn (cut) them by the prophets,
I have slain them by the words of My mouth;
And your judgments are like light that goes forth.
- They brought God’s judgment on themselves. To be “hewn” is to be “cut out”.
- God sent His judgments speedily (like the speed of light), like lightning.
- When you feel the heat you see the LIGHT!
Hosea 6:6 For I desire mercy (Or faithfulness or loyalty) and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:7 “But like men (Adam/man) they transgressed the covenant;
There they dealt treacherously with Me.
Hosea 6:8 Gilead is a city of evildoers and defiled (Lit. foot-tracked) with blood.
- Gilead is a murder scene.
Hosea 6:9 As bands of robbers lie in wait for a man,
So the company of priests murder on the way to Shechem;
Surely they commit lewdness.
- Who are the murderers? The priests.
Hosea 6:10 I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel:
There is the harlotry (Spiritual adultery) of Ephraim;
Israel is defiled.
Hosea 6:11 Also, O Judah, a harvest is appointed for you,
When I return the captives of My people.
- The day of reckoning awaits when they reap what they have sown.