Words in italic type have been added for clarity. They are not found in the original Hebrew or Aramaic.
Home Page: Quantum Study Bible
The Blue Arrow: You Are Here: The Chapters are from the Book of Revelation.
- Revelation 22 is the summary of Jesus. Below are expressions in the book of Revelation which describe our Provider, Jesus. They include: The Lion of Judah, the Root of David, The Slain Lamb, The Maile Child, Faithful and True, The Word of God The Alpha and Omega, The Water of Life, The Temple in the New Jerusalem, The Book of Life, Rain ie Faith Teacher which is the Messiah, The Good Shepherd, The Tree of Life, The Light of Life, The Bright and Morning Star, and The Living Water.
See Pop-Up: Jesus in the Book of Revelation
The River of Life
Revelation 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal (glass), proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
- Three subjects of focus: the sea of glass, the water of life, and the Lamb.
► FOCUS ONE: THE SEA OF GLASS
- The sea is a sea of people, crystal is a prism, and God is light. Light separated through a prism radiates all the colors of the rainbow. The sea is pure, spotless, and clean and radiates the glory of God.
- Glass is made from natural and abundant raw materials (sand, soda ash and limestone) that are melted at very high temperature to form a new material: glass. At high temperature (the heat of tribulation) glass is structurally similar to liquids, however at ambient temperature it behaves like a solid.
- God promised Abraham the Jews would be as numerous as the “sand” of the sea.
► FOCUS TWO: THE WATER OF LIFE
Only from the throne of God (the foundation of God’s government and agenda) is it possible to get the pure rain that comes down from heaven, His Son, Jesus, to provide living water for the people of the earth.
- Living Water: Jesus:
- Jeremiah 2:13 “For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water.
- Living water is a biblical term which appears in both the Old and New Testaments. In Jeremiah 2:13 and 17:13, the prophet describes God as “the spring of living water” who has been forsaken by his chosen people Israel. ~Wikipedia
- John 4:10-11 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?
- John 7:38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
- Living water, or mayim chaim (MY-eem KHY-eem), refers to water in the form of rain or flowing from a natural spring, which has come directly from God, not carried by human hands or stored in cisterns. It also is a contrast to sea water, especially that of the Dead Sea, which looks refreshing but is poisonous, and makes the land around it barren. https://ourrabbijesus.com/articles/living-water/
2. Jesus as the rain: The word “rain” not only means moisture which descends from heaven but can also be translated “teacher”. The rain is symbolic of Jesus. He is called the early and the latter rain for his first and second advent, or for the rapture and return. “Faithful rain”, specifically, is the Jewish Messiah.
See Pop-Up: A list of verses about the rain and their notes.
See Topic: Jesus as the Rain
See Topic: The Rainbow
- Note: The latter and former rain is symbolic of Jesus’ two advents to earth: the Jewish Spring Feasts and the Autumn Feasts.
- Physically, water is man’s resource for life. At least 60% of the adult body is made of water and can only last three to four days without water.
- Spiritually, Water (Jesus) is man’s resource for eternal life.
► FOCUS THREE: JESUS AS THE LAMB
- Jesus is not only the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world but He is the Passover Lamb, crucified on Passover and risen from the dead on the Jewish feast of Firstfruits: the first fruit of all who will be risen from the dead.
- Revelation 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
Revelation 22:2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
► Trees are symbolic of men. Jesus died on a tree. When one thinks about it, His blood on the tree of the cross is man’s tree of life.
►The tree of life is Jesus, the source of all life.
►The twelve fruits are the twelve tribes of Israel.
►The leaves of the fig tree are symbolic of the Jews.
In Matthew 24:32 and Mark 13:28 the leaves symbolize the return of the Jews to their homeland.
►The Jews will act as priests for the nations of the world during the thousand year millennium. The Jews will serve the gentile nations and act as healing agents for the nations.
- Zechariah 8:23 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.” ’ ”
►Just like Jesus, The tree of life in Eden enabled man to live forever.
- Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden,
- Genesis 2:22-24 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the Garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.
► Jesus rules as both man and God during the millennium.
- Colossians 2:9-10 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him.
NO MORE CURSE:
- ►The curse of the woman desiring her husband as he resists her. She is distrusted by her husband. She wants to please and yet she is misunderstood and mistrusted by him. When the curse is broken husbands will understand the women’s desire to be his helpmate – not his enemy. Just like blackberries, she will not have to fight the thorns.
- ► The curse of the ground: men labor to earn a living and overcome the resistance of the land. Men will no longer have to fight the thorns of trying to earn a living.
- ►The curse of man’s adversary is removed. During the millennium Satan is chained and bound in the bottomless pit. Just like the crown of thorns on Jesus’ head, there will no longer be the serpent which coils itself around man’s head to bury its fangs and inject its poison into its victim. The government will be righteousness and men will no longer have to fight the thorns of the corrupt and rebellious.
THE CURSE IS GONE.
Revelation 22:4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.
- To see the face of Jesus is to look on the face of God. Unlike the mark of the beast, they will have the seal of the Holy Spirit on their foreheads.
Revelation 22:5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
- Jesus is the Word of God in the flesh.
- Light is both righteousness and understanding:
|Psalm 36:9 For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.||Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.||John 5:35 He was the burning and shining lamp, and you were willing for a time to rejoice in his light.|
|John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”||Psalm 4:6 There are many who say, “Who will show us any good?” Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.||Matthew 4:16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.”|
The Time Is Near
Revelation 22:6 Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the (spirits of the) holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.
Revelation 22:7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
- Since Jesus fulfilled all the spring Jewish feasts at His first advent, what might the autumn feasts reveal, especially the High Holy Days?
BELOW: A PATTERN MATCHING FUTURE EVENTS WITH THE HIGH HOLY DAYS
Note: Scripture reveals Jesus will return at the end of the tribulation bringing with Him the resurrected and raptured saints.
Revelation 22:8 Now I, John, (am the one who) saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel (the messenger: Daniel?) who showed me these things.
Revelation 22:9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and (I am) of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
- Reference Verse: Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
- Angel means “messenger”. This messenger states that he is of the Jewish brethren, the prophets!! If so, which prophet is he? I believe this angel is Daniel whose book parallels John’s book of “Revelation”.
- This angel is speaking to John from heaven. If it is Daniel he died ~532 BC. How would an Old Testament saint speak from heaven?
- Prior to Jesus’ resurrection, the souls of an Old Testament saint went to “Paradise” in Sheol. When Jesus died, His soul went down to Paradise in Sheol. After His resurrection He led all the captive saints in Paradise and took them to Heaven where they were presented before the Father. This would include Daniel, one of John’s brethren of the prophets.
- At the rapture and resurrection of the future, they will then receive glorified (perfected) bodies as well as New Testament saints whose souls go directly to heaven after death. At the end of the tribulation Jesus will return to earth for His second advent bringing all the saints and angels with Him.
- Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him (the repentant thief), “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
- Psalm 68:18 You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive; You have received gifts among men, Even from the rebellious, That the Lord God might dwell there.
- Jude 1:14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
Revelation 22:10 And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
John is instructed NOT TO seal up the words of prophecy, but Daniel was told TO seal up the words of prophecy.
- Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
- Daniel 12:9, And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Note: these words are no longer sealed up.
- Daniel 12:13 “But you, go your way till the end; for you shall rest, and will arise to your inheritance at the end of the days.” (See the chart of the High Holy Days)
Revelation 22:11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him (do right) be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”
Jesus Testifies to the Churches
Revelation 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone according to his work.
- Works are rewards for believers,
- Jesus is coming twice: once for those who are raptured and resurrected prior to the tribulation and then when He returns to save the Jews from annihilation at Armageddon.
- THE RAPTURE:
- 1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet (which is the last of 100 trumps blown for the Feast of Trumpets). For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we (bg: believers) shall be changed.
- Believers will meet the Lord in the air prior to the seven year tribulation.
- AT ARMAGEDDON – THE RETURN:
- Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid (bg: unbelievers during the seven year tribulation) Fearfulness has seized the hypocrites: “Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?” (bg: At the feast of the Day of Atonement, aka “Yom Kippur” aka “The Return” on chart).
- An army of believers will come to earth with Jesus when His foot touches Mt. Olives on His way to Armageddon.
- Zechariah 14:4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.
- Acts 1:11-12a “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet (Mt. Olives)
- Jude 1:14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
The last chapter of the last book of the Bible concerning the Alpha and Omega reflects the first verse of the first book of the Bible.
- Following are the seven Hebrew words of Genesis 1:1 and their meanings.
|WORD 1:||בְּרֵאשִׁית||“In the beginning”||b-re’shiyth|
|WORD 2:||בָּרָא||“created”||bara’ (a singular verb)|
|WORD 3:||אֱלֹהִים||“God” ‘elohiym (plural)||“God”- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit|
|Alef-Tav (the Alpha and Omega) (Jesus the Son),||The second personage of the plural God Head of ‘elohiym. Scripture leaves it UNTRANSLATED.|
|WORD 5:||שָׁמַיִם||“the heavens”||shamayim|
|WORD 6:||אֵת||Alef-Tav “AND” ‘eth (a connector that holds everything together)||Hebrews 1:3a He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word.) The word “and” is Alef-Tav.|
|WORD 7||אֶרֶץ||“the earth”||‘erets|
- Literally Translated: “In the beginning created God (the Aleph/Alpha and Tav /Omega) – the heavens and the earth.”
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who (wash their robes) do His commandments, that they may have the right to the Tree of Life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
►The city is the New Jerusalem. Rev 3:12, Rev 21:2, Rev 21:9, Rev 21:22
►The Tree of Life is Jesus
► Outside the city:…
Revelation 22:15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
- Dogs are heathens; the sexually immoral, murderers, idolaters, and liars.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel (Daniel?) to testify to you these things in the churches (Literally: Assemblies). I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.
Jesus, as man, is of the lineage of King David and is his offspring. Jesus, as God, is the Root of King David.
Jesus also is the Bright and Morning Star, a Heavenly Light and the Light from Heaven.
Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6
- Because of man’s sin nature, there is something in his brain that says “If it is free…it must not be worth much”. When it comes to the Gospel, it is free AND it is PRICELESS!
Revelation 22:18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, (may God add) God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
Revelation 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall (may God) take away his part from the (Tree of Life) Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- Note: The Book of Life and the Tree of Life are both Jesus.
I Am Coming Quickly
Revelation 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
- Malachi 3:1 [The Coming Messenger] “Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple, Even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight. Behold, He is coming,” Says the Lord of hosts.
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
Revelation 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be (with all the saints) with you all. Amen.
- The first Hebrew letter of the Bible is “B” in Genesis 1:2
- The last letter of the Bible is “N” in Revelation 22:21
- Together, they spell the Hebrew word for “SON”
- Jesus is the beginning of scripture, the end of scripture, and everything in between.
- When all is said and done, all that matters is your relationship with God.