From Deuteronomy 32:2
For more detail see Topic: Jesus as the Rain. See how rain is related to the resurrections (harvest) and the Jewish High Holy Days.
- Ps 72:6 He shall come down like rain upon the grass before mowing (reaping), like showers that water the earth.
- Hosea 6:3 His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
- Joel 2:23 Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain (teacher) faithfully (faithfully can also be translated: judge or teacher of righteousness of the Davidic kingdom Messiah), And He will cause the rain to come down (from heaven) for you— The former (autumn) rain, and the latter (spring) rain in the first. [“First?” the first month or… first resurrection … or both.]
- Jeremiah 5:24 They do not say in their heart, “Let us now fear the Lord our God, Who gives rain, both the former and the latter, in its season. He reserves for us the appointed weeks of the harvest [resurrections].”
- James 5:7 [Be Patient and Persevering] Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain (the early and latter harvest ie resurrections.)